Murder and Stress Levels

Dec,11,2038

I stared at the papers in my hand. I slowly set them on my desk and looked up. North was sitting to my far right. Her legs crossed as she twirled the butter knife from the break room in her fingers as she stared over at Gavin's desk. Dad was sitting at his desk, his head back as a pen resting on his upper lip, wiggling his nose. His arms crossed as he sat there. Connor was slowly spinning in his chair, looking slightly amused. Nines stood next to Connor's chair. Connor tossed his coin to Nines before turning slowly. He faced Nines again and Nines tossed it back. I just watched them as they kept tossing back and forth.

I blinked and I was back in the void black room in cyberlife. I was under that table again, looking for Connor. I held my right over my mouth as I crawled. Dangerous, defective devices. Deviant jail? No asylum. Deviant pushed so far,that-- I heard a sound and I slowly turned to look up. There was a red LED looked around. I stayed still, using my left hand to keep me still. They LED was giving off some light. I could see some hair around the LED. It looked brown, or maybe blonde. They eyes were dark form the lack of light, but it could have been a light brown or dark blue. I listened as I heard they walk off. I stayed there for a moment and I slowly turned to see that the red flashing LED farther away.

"Hey, making a report to Cyberlife?" I jumped back to see Gavin there. A coffee in hand, there were bags under his eyes. I saw Connor had stood up from his chair, his LED slowly leaving that red colour. I heard a bang and I turned to see that North slammed the butter knife on my desk. "Don't get on my end. You did it, he still does it... he-" Gavin stopped and stared at Nines. "Ahhh.... W---Who's that?" Gavin asked. "That's Nines." I said to him. "What is it?" Gavin asked. North glared daggers into Gavin's back. "He's a RK900." I said and Gavin stared at Nines. "Ha, Nines." Gavin snickered. "He's also a prototype." I said. "Oh a prototype." Gavin said. "You made that joke alright, Gavin." I said and he turned to me. "I did?" He asked. I rested my head in my palm of my hand, my hair being pulled up by my fingers.

"Don't ask him to make you a coffee, I swear to God." I said. "I wasn't going to, I have one right here." Gavin said. "Didn't stop you last time." I spat back. "I'm a changed man." Gavin said. "Did you hear that Dad. Gavin said he's a changed man." I said. Dad hummed in agreement as he didn't move from his position. "Wait... did it take you a month to notice he wasn't Connor?" North asked. "What? No!" Gavin said. "You're lying." North said, leaning back in her seat. It took Gavin Reed. Detective Gavin Reed a month to really realize that Nines wasn't Connor. A month, what the hell?

"Bravo, Detective of the year." I said, sarcastically slow clapping. "Shut up, your mother buys you Mega Blocks instead of Legos." Gavin said to me. What? I heard Dad laugh, the pen finally falling to the ground. "Ah shit." Dad said, before bending to pick it up. I blinked at Gavin as he just stared at me. I was blinked quickly trying to put it together. "I think it was as insult, Detective." I heard Nines say. I turned to see both Connor and Nines behind Gavin. Nines's hand on Gavin's shoulder as he leaned slightly forward. "It appears to be from a short video from early 2000's. A short video posted an app that was discontinued. The app was called vine." Connor said.

"Four eyes." Gavin muttered, looking at Connor. North was tapping her nails on my desk. "Can I kill him now?" North asked. "No, we need him." I said, sighing. "Do we really?" North and Nines asked simultaneously. "Yes. Besides, Mister fusspot is only fussy because he didn't get enough sleep." I pointed out. "Why does everyone pick on me?" Gavin whined. "Cause you pick on everyone else." I said. "It's our retaliation, detective." North said. They way she said detective sent chills down my spine.

I stared as Connor, Nines and North all started to rapidly blink. I stood up and stared at them. "That's creeping." Gavin said and I smacked his shoulder. "It's ours." North said, grabbing my wrist, pulling me out of the office. "What happened?" I asked.