3

Cairo's POV

We flew out to Cleveland after the game and have been training for the next game against China. Today is June 10th and after our morning training and lunch we had the rest of the day off.

The day was going pretty good until I saw the official USWNT instagram posted something about today being my birthday.

Great.

I don't really celebrate my birthday and I don't really like people knowing it's my birthday.

Knowing some of the girls, I know they'll probably do something for my birthday, so to avoid that I'm going to head to the training pitch.

I walk to Jill's room to let her know where I'll be. "Hey Jill" I say once she answers the door.

"Hey Cairo. Happy birthday."

"Thanks...um is it okay if I go to the training pitch for a little bit?"

"Of course. Go to the kit room to get the stuff you need...oh and don't overwork yourself" I nod and go to the kit room and get everything then walk to the training pitch. Once at the pitch I messed around a bit with a ball then just randomly started shooting trying to kill as much time as I can.

After I had spent a couple hours messing around I figured it was time to head back and face the music. I headed back to the hotel and once on my floor I heard loud talking coming from my room. I open the door to be greeted by the whole team. I try to leave, but I'm immediately pulled back in.

"How come you didn't tell us it was your birthday?" Pinoe says.

"It never came up."

"Wait where were you?" Becky asks.

"Training pitch."

"Why?"

"Trying to avoid you guys finding out it was my birthday."

"Why?" Moe asks.

"I knew you guys would want to do something for it and I haven't celebrated since I was five so yeah." The girls all look at me with wide eyes.

"Well it's a good thing we have the day off tomorrow because we are going to a club tonight. Everyone go get ready and meet back here when you're done." Pinoe says and everyone except Christen leaves the room and gets ready.

Slowly everyone files back into the room. I just sat on my bed and watched everyone come in. Once everyone was here I started talking.

"Okay what do I need to wear?" I ask the room of ladies.

"What would you normally wear?" Ali asks.

"I don't know. I've never been to a club."

"WHAT?" Kelley semi-yells

"Never had someone to go with."

"Well what do you have to wear?"

"Um well there's always comfortable clothes, but I did bring a dress." I say

"You're wearing the dress."

"Alright. I shouldn't be long." I say then head to the bathroom and take a ten minute shower then get out and dry myself off and blow dry my jet black hair and put on the dress I had chosen then walk out.