24

Cairo's POV

"Hello?" I ask not knowing who's calling me.

"Is this Cairo?"

"Who's asking?" I say getting on the bus to head back from training.

"My name's Danny and I'm the director of an upcoming film."

"Okay? May I ask how you got my number?"

"You worked with a colleague of mine J. J. Abrams."

"Oh okay...Do you need something?"

"Yes. We are shooting an underwater scene today and one of our safety divers got sick."

"And what do you need with me?" I ask.

"We would like it if you could come down to the studio and be a safety diver for us." The dude says and I get out of my seat and walk toward Jill.

"Um I'm in camp with the US national team so I don't know if I can...I can have you talk with my coach if you want."

"Yes please."

"Okay hold on." I say and mute the call then squat in the aisle by Jill.

"Hey Cairo." Jill says.

"Hi...um a director of a movie wants me to be a safety diver for an underwater scene."

"Uh. Okay?"

"He's on the phone if you want to talk to him."

"Sure." Jill says and I hand her my phone. "Hello...Yes this is she...okay...what would she be doing?...how long would she be needed?...where is this place?...Okay hold on one moment. "

"What do you think?" I ask and Jill hands me the phone.

"Well you would be needed for two hours, but I don't know if I want you to do this so close to the World Cup."

"I understand...would you be more comfortable if you came with me?"

"Yeah." Jill says so I un mute the call.

"Hi it's Cairo." I say. "Would it be possible for my coach to come along with me?"

"As long as you both sign the NDA that's fine." The director says so I mute again.

"Will you sign an NDA?" I ask Jill and she nods so I unmute the phone. "We can do that. What time do you want us there?"

"An hour?" The director says as we pull up to the hotel.

"Okay. Send me the address and we will head that way." I say then hang up and exit the bus with Jill. I get my stuff from the bus and we head to a rental car.

Once in the car we make the 45 minute drive to the studio.

"What are we supposed to tell the team?" Jill asks as we pull up into the studio lot.

"I don't know. We can ask the director." I say then we get out of the car. I text the dude we are here and he tells me to go to studio 7 so Jill and I do. When we get there the door is locked so I text the dude again and someone opens the door.

"Who are you looking for?" A PA asks.

"The director. I was contacted about being a safety diver." I say and she nods and takes us over to the tank they are using.

"You must be Cairo." A masculine voice behind me says making me and Jill turn around

"I am." I say and shake the dude's hand. He tells me what I'm going to be doing then Jill and I sign an NDA. "So who am I working with?"