7

Cairo's POV

Once I got back from the Tournament of Nations I spent about a week doing fitness training and after that I got tired of doing the same old thing everyday so I made a call.

"Hello."

"Hi I'm looking for the coach of the girls soccer team."

"This is she. May I ask who's speaking?"

"My name's Cairo and I play for the US National Team..."

"Ahh yes. You're the talk of the team right now."

"I hope thats a good thing."

"It is. How may I help you?"

"Well as you may know I don't have a club right now so I was wondering if I could come train with your team?"

"I'd be more than happy to have you. We are in preseason right now and we are practicing today at three if that works for you." It's 1:35 right now.

"Sounds good. I'll see you then."

"See you then."

After I hang up I go change and gather my kit bag making sure I have my pre-wrap, shin guards/pads, boots, extra boots, earbuds, sunscreen, then grab my bag of soccer balls and put everything in my car.

I make the 40 minute drive to the high school and once I pull into the parking lot I see the coach getting practice ready. I then get out of car and grab my stuff and make my way down to the coach.

"You must be Cairo. I'm Coach Stewart, but you can just call me Emma" The coach says and puts her hand out to shake.

"Nice to meet you Emma." I say and shake her hand. "Have you told the team?"

"I haven't said anything yet. Do you have any ideas?"

"Not really."

"I'll figure something out." She says then her phone rings. "Excuse me I need to take this." I nod and she walks away and talks on the phone. I go to the bench and start getting ready

Once I have everything on I grab a ball and mess around until the team gets here. I hear Emma yell for the girls in the parking lot to hurry up so I do a quick run then cut inside and strike the last ball into the far upper 90 and then collect the balls from the goal and turn around to see all of the team staring while their coach is laughing.

"I guess we found a way to tell them." She says after laughing.

"I guess so." I say and walk up to the team who are all staring. "Hi girls."

"Hello" some of them mumble causing me to giggle.

Their coach gets their attention back on her. "Alright well I guess as you can see we have a special guest at practice today. Girls this is Cairo." I nod. "She'll be here today to train with us and help with whatever she can."

"Hey Coach?" A girl in the front says.

"Yes Lexy"

"I don't mean to be rude, but why is she here?" Emma looks to me to speak.

"Well as some of you may know I don't have a club team and wont have one until 2019 so I asked your coach if it was alright if I could train with you girls so I could keep sharp and not just do fitness stuff or train against air and she graciously agreed." The girl nods and everyone goes to warm up and stretch then practice starts.

- - - - -

The team is doing a half field scrimmage to end training and Emma and I are standing back watching.