34

Cairo's POV

Right now the team is at meeting before we are released for our off day. The team is weirdly sitting in a circle. As I sit down everyone is talking about what they want to do on our off day and eventually I am asked.

"So Cairo what are you doing today?" Carli asks and all eyes fall on me.

"I'm going to go see stuff from when I lived here."

"Is anyone going with you?"

"No, but anyone is welcome to come along."

"What would we be doing and what would we need?" Alex asks.

"Well we would go to the grocery store where I worked at so everyone can get snacks and drinks there for lunch. Then we will visit my favorite park. And I'd bring a pillow, a blanket, and something to occupy yourself with because the last place is two hours away. If you don't want to go to that I understand, but I'm going with or without you so whoever wants to go with me meet me back here in 25 minutes with all the stuff you need." I say and once everyone understands I head up to my room and shower and change before grabbing the things I need for today and head back down.

Once back in the conference room I'm surprised to see everyone here. Good thing I called for the team bus.

"We're all going." Christen says.

"Okay well the bus is here so let's go." I say and the team follows me out to the bus.

Once on the bus I tell the driver where to go then go and sit in the middle and Lindsey sits next to me after she gets onto the bus. Twenty minutes later we are stood in-front of the Bónus I worked at when I lived here. Once I see everyone is out of the bus I start speaking.

"Alright so welcome to Bónus, the grocery store I worked at. Does everyone have a way to pay for the stuff they want?" Everyone nods. "Great... so let's meet at the front of the store in 30 minutes. And if you don't know what something is just ask me alright?" Everybody agrees and I walk in and once inside I remember where everything is making me smile.

As I'm waiting with the team for everyone to pay for what they want for lunch someone comes up behind me.

"Það er eins og þú manst?" The person says. (Is it like you remember?)

I smile and turn around. "Hólmar...hvernig hefur þú verið?" I say then hug him. (Hólmar...how have you been?)

"Ég hef verið góð. Hver er þetta?" He says and points to the team who all are behind me. (I've been good. Who's this?)

"Það er gott. Þetta er mitt lið. The US National liðið." I say and motion for the team to come closer.(That's good. This is my team. The US National team.)

When the team gets close enough I turn around to them. "Girls this is my old boss Hólmar... Hólmar these are the girls."

Hólmar smiles and nods." It's nice to meet all of you."

"Oh so you do speak English" Kelley says causing everyone to laugh.

"Yes I do. Cairo and I just speak in Icelandic with each other."

"It's a very beautiful language." Lindsey says and a few of the girls nod.

"What are you guys doing here?" Hólmar says

"It's our off day and the team wanted to know more about what I did when I lived here." I say.

"Hafa þeir séð bakherberginu?" He asks me. (Have they seen the back room?)

"Nei" (No)

"Viltu sýna þeim?" (Do you want to show them?)

"Viss"(Sure)

DepthOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara