35

Cairo's POV

"How do you two have voices today?" Pinoe asks with a smirk.

"What do you mean?" Lindsey asks.

"With the way you two screamed and moaned last night I didn't expect either off you to have a voice."

Everybody laughs and Lindsey and I both get as red as tomatoes.

"Oh like you guys aren't loud." I say.

"We may be, but you could've gotten another room." Ash says.

"We didn't have time." Lindsey says.

"You'd want to celebrate to if you just got engaged." I say.

"Alright ladies enough teasing the newly engaged couple. Dawn's waiting for everyone outside so let's go." Jill says.

All of us leave the hotel and meet Dawn in the parking lot.

"Cairo what did you do to train when you lived here?" Dawn asks as we are stretching.

"WAIT" Kelley yells.

"What Kels?" I say.

"Before she answers that will we have to do her workout?"

"Maybe." Dawn says.

"Well I would row 3 miles..." I say

"Like a rowing machine?" Kling asks.

"No. I used a canoe...then I ran 4 or five miles then I swam in either the ocean or a lake." I say then Pinoe covers my mouth.

"We don't need to hear anymore. I don't want to do any of that shit." She says then removes her hand from my mouth.

"That was just a warm up. Try working out with equipment made of wood and stone."

"And why wouldn't you use proper equipment?" Carli asks.

"My trainer made me do it." I say.

Dawn then says we are working out on the beach which a couple of the girls were happy about. They weren't happy about the fact that we had to run the 3 miles to the beach and once we made it to the beach we did Dawn's workout

"I wanna know who can stay in the cold water longer Carli or Cairo." Ash says.

"I'm down if you are" Carli says.

"Wanna make a bet?" I ask.

"What is the bet."

"Winner chooses the tattoo the loser has to get."

"Deal." Carli says and shocks the whole team. We shake on it then get into the ocean.

"HOW IS IT?" Pinoe yells from shore.

We've been in here for ten minutes.

"FINE." I yell.

"FUCKING COLD." Carli yells. "Dammit" She says then gets out of the water and is immediately wrapped up in warm blankets and half of the team huddle around her.

I chuckle seeing this then get out since I don't have to be in anymore. The other half of the team come over and huddle around me to get me warm.

"How are you not even shivering?" Christen asks.

"I'm use to it." I say.

We then make our way back to the hotel and once in the room, which thankfully housekeeping cleaned since it did smell like sex, I ask Lindsey to go get something from the market next door while I take a shower. After I take the hottest fucking shower of all time I dry off and change into warm clothes just as Lindsey returns from the market. Before we go down for team dinner she hands me what I asked her to get then we go to dinner in the conference room.

Once we get there I notice everyone huddled around Carli for some reason.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"Just deciding where she should get her tattoo." Ash says with an evil smirk.

"I actually have your design ready if you want to see it."

"O-o-okay." Carli says.

"Here." I say and hand it to her.

"Wait..." Carli says after she inspects the paper. "This is a fake tattoo." She says and a small smile appears on her face.

"Yep. All you have to do is wear that until it comes off and the bet will be done."

"What? You're not making her get a real one?" Pinoe asks.

"I'm not letting her first tattoo be something that doesn't mean anything to her."

"Was that always your idea?" Ali asks.

"No. I was going to make Carli get an Icelandic word that represented how I view her, but I then remembered she didn't have a tattoo so I thought of this."

"Out of curiosity...what word would you have chosen?" Carli asks.

"Duglegur" I say.

"And what does that mean?"

"Someone who is hardworking, yet also intelligent and determined."

"Well damn." Ash says.

"Huh I like that...I'll think about doing that." Carli says.

"Cairo?" Ali asks.

"Yes?"

"Say if I was to get an Icelandic word tattooed on me what word would you choose for me?"

"Styrkur"

"What does that mean?"

"Strength."

"Why strength?"

"You've had to have strength to overcome every hurdle and you've overcame everything and look where you are now."

"What word would you give me?" Christen asks.

"Verndari" I say.

"And that means?"

"Protector. You protect me like we are the last two people on earth. It doesn't matter who or what it is. If it isn't up to your standards for me then it is as good as dead."

"Ooh what about me?" Kling asks.

"Ljós" I say.

"What does that mean."

"Light."

"Why that?"

"Because when I'm having a crap day you always bring light to my life and make me forget about my problems." I say and I notice Kling has glassy eyes and then she hugs me.

"Could you give a word for all of us?" Ash asks and I nod. I'm then asked by everyone on the team what word I would give them.

"Now for the big one." Kelley says. "What word would you give Lindsey?"

"Litur" I say

"And what does that word mean?" Kling asks.

"Color." I say and Lindsey's eyes widen.

"Why did Lindsey just react that way?" Emily asks.

"Because she knows why I chose it."

"And why did you chose that word?"

"She knows."