42

Cairo's POV

Apparently we won the game against the Dutch, but frankly I don't give a shit. My wife is more important.

Everyone is leaving in the morning, but tonight the team is in the conference room and we are about to watch a documentary ESPN/ABC did on me. The documentary is about me trying to break the free dive world record while integrating my past. I have no clue why they decided to make a documentary on me, but Lindsey thought it would help me and she hasn't been wrong before so I listened to her. She was always there when we filmed so they incorporated her into the documentary as well.

The team don't know that this is happening. Only the coaching staff does so they decided we would watch it and told the team we are having a movie night. We get to see the documentary a week early since tomorrow they will start promoting it on their networks. One of the things in my contract was that I didn't have to do a promo tour...actually I had to add that because there was no way in hell I was going to do any promo for this.

"So what are we watching?" Mal asks.

"It's a surprise." Jill says and starts the documentary.

The first thing you see is a black screen. The first thing you hear is my voice.

"Jacques Yves Cousteau once said, From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free." I say then my eyes are shown.

The camera then pans out and you see me standing alone on the edge of a boat in the Bahamas as the title of the documentary is shown. The documentary is called 244. After that is shown, the footage of me scoring the penalty in the World Cup final is shown and all the stuff that involved me after the game is shown as well while being narrated over.

Everyone on the team looks back at me, but I just watch the screen. As a voice is heard again everyone turns around.

"Cairo where does your passion for soccer come from?" The interview dude asks.

"It started with trying to prove to my family I was worth something. Now I just play because I enjoy it."

"Why did you have to prove your worth to your family?"

"My parents chose work over me. My grandparents didn't care that I was sexually assaulted when I was 15."

"Have you spoken with your parents?"

"No."

"And why is that?"

"My parents were killed when I was 5."

The screen fades to black then opens up to Lindsey and I walking around the compound my parents were killed in.

"Do you know what happened?" Lindsey asks.

"I could reenact it for you." I say.

"W-what?"

"Follow me." I say and lead Lindsey and a cameraman to the front door.

Now a dramatization of how my parents were killed is shown while I tell Lindsey how my parents were killed.

"There was 6 assailants. They shot the lock on the front door and rushed inside. My parents were in their office and when they heard the commotion they hid in their safe room. Their safe room was their bedroom and it became their safe room because they had blast resistant doors. Unfortunately the doors were rusty so the assailants used a crowbar and popped the door off the hinges then they rushed the room." I say.

The screen then fades out from the dramatization and fades in to me and Lindsey standing in the room my parents were murdered in.

"My parents hid in the closet and the assailants opened fire on the closet killing them." I say and open the closet.