18

Cairo's POV

"Have you ever played here?" Mal asks as the team is in the locker room before the Spain game.

"No. There isn't a team in Alicante." I say.

"Are you friends with any of the Spanish players?" Rose asks.

"I'm friends with a few of them yes."

Jill made 3 changes from the France game with Julie, Pinoe, and Tobin coming back into the side. Once the pregame talks were done we headed out onto the field for the anthems. After the anthems were played we walked down the line and shook hands with the Spanish players. At the end of the line was an old teammate who hated me and when I got to her I put both of my hands behind my back and walked right past her. I then made my way to my position and waited for the game to start.

In the 3rd minute Tobin had the ball on the right and passed it to Alex in the box, but she was closed down by three defenders so she one touched the ball to me and I hit it towards goal and it was deflected for a corner. The ensuing corner didn't amount to anything unfortunately.

After that fast start the game slowed down and nothing happened, but in the 35th minute we got a throw in and I ran to make myself open. Sonnett threw the ball at me and right before it got to me I received a boot to the back.

"Fuck that hurt." I say when Julie helps me up. "Who was that?"

"The girl who's hand you didn't shake." She says.

"Of course it was."

After I got up I saw my old teammate getting a yellow. She then looked over at me and winked making me roll my eyes and get on with the game. The rest of the half was pretty boring with no real chances for either team.

In the 54th minute I passed a ball to Christen in our own half and she took off and ran all the way to the six yard box then shot at goal and it was going in anyways, but a Spanish defender redirected into the goal so I don't know if it was an own goal or not.

This whole game I've noticed my old teammate following me around and it's pissing me off.

"¿Qué deseas?" I ask my former teammate and professional hoe, who is following me around, while trying to find space to receive a pass. The only reason she had friends on the team is because she would sleep with anyone who asked.(What do you want?)

"¿No puedo decir hola a mi amiga?" She says. (Can I not say hi to my friend?)

"Nunca fuimos amigas. No eras más que un desperdicio de espacio y talento en mi equipo."(We were never friends. You were just a waste of space and talent on my team.)

"Usted tiene un montón de nervios diciendo eso. Que eras una perra para mí y no hizo nada para ti." I know what this is about. (You have a lot of nerve saying that. You were a bitch to me and I did nothing to you.)

"¿Todavía estás loco porque no voy a tener relaciones sexuales con usted?" I say while laughing.(Are you still mad because I won't have sex with you?)

Her eyes darken and she ball her fists. "Es una pena que el tipo no te mató cuando tuvo la oportunidad."(It's a shame that guy didn't kill you when he had the chance.)

Now you've gone too far bitch. I forget there is a game happening and walk over to her and get right in her face.

"Usted no se llega a mencionar eso. Sólo porque eres una puta que tiene que tener relaciones sexuales sólo para usted a no ser una perra. Ha intentado matarme sólo porque no te lo permitiría en mis pantalones. Es una pena que se preocupan más por tener relaciones sexuales que jugar al fútbol. Que podría haber sido un gran jugador. Ahora usted es sólo la puta equipo." (You don't get to bring that up. Just because you're a whore who has to have sex just for you to not be a bitch. You tried to kill me just because I wouldn't let you into my pants. It's a shame you care more about having sex than playing football. You could have been a great player. Now you are just the team whore.)