44

Cairo's POV

While everyone is getting ready for training with the Thorns I go to talk to the head coach.

"Coach you got a minute?"

"Sure." He says then points at the seat in front of him. "What's up?"

"I'm pregnant."

"What? Wow congratulations Cairo."

"Thanks."

"So I assume you won't be available for the season then."

"Correct. Also my doctor is in LA so I'm going to be staying there during the season."

"That's fine." Not really your decision. "But we do need to talk about something."

"Okay?"

"Since you won't be playing this season your spot on the team is on the line?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that if we get a good enough trade offer for you then we will take it."

BITCH

"Well then you will be making a huge mistake." I say while trying to keep my emotions in check.

"What?"

"I won't go even if you accept an offer."

"You will."

"Let me put this in a way you can understand." I say then stand up and lean over his desk. "The only way I will even remotely consider leaving is if Lindsey is able to go with me. Otherwise I will retire and you'll be fucked."

"You can't be serious."

"Try me." I say then walk out of his office and back to the field and grab the bag of balls and go to the far side of the field and set five balls up for anger shooting.

Ball 1: Row Z. "PRICK"

"Lindsey what is Cairo doing?" I hear Emily ask.

"She calls it anger shooting." Lindsey says

Ball 2: Right upper corner. "CUNT"

"What is anger shooting?" Kling asks.

"She shoots hard and doesn't care where the ball goes and she yells her frustrations out." Lindsey says.

Ball 3: Middle. "DICKHEAD

Ball 4: Post. "ASSHOLE

"What happened?" Tobin asks.

"I have no clue." Lindsey says.

Ball 5: Bottom left corner. "DAMMIT"

I feel a little better, but I still feel like punting a ball into coaches face.

After putting the balls back into the bag I start to walk over to the team, but Lindsey comes over and stops me.

"Baby what's wrong?" Lindsey asks.

"We'll talk about it back at the apartment...Did they say you could stay with me in LA?"

"Yes...weirdly they just said to do whatever I wanted."

Of course they did.

"I'll explain why later." I say then walk with her back to the team, but the national team girls meet us halfway.

"Everything okay Cairo?" Emily asks.

"Not really."

"What happened?" Tobin asks.