6

Cairo's POV

Today is the day before the Brazil game. We had a light training session this morning then we got the rest of the day off. Christen, Alex, and I decided to go to lunch. After we got back from training the three of us took our bags up to our rooms then met in the lobby. We then left the hotel and went to some place Christen knew from her time playing here. Once we got there we ordered our food and talked.

"So how was Sweden?" I asked Christen.

"It was good. I missed everyone though." She says and I nod.

"How'd you do it?" Alex asks while looking at me.

"Do what?" I say.

"Be away from your family for all those years."

"I'm not close to my family so when I left for Spain when I was a teenager I didn't really miss them that much. And on the days I did I would just do stuff to divert my attention."

"What did you do to pass the time?"

"Well I learned 2 new languages, got my degree, messed around with a ball, explored the town, or played video games."

"So before you left America you knew four languages." Christen says/asks.

"I knew three. I had to learn another one when I got to a different country when I was 15."

"You left home at 15?" Alex asks and the both look shocked.

"Yep." I say and I can tell they want to know more, but thankfully they don't push the subject.

"Well damn. What did you get your degree in?"

"Marine Biology."

"Is that why you free dive?"

"No I started free diving when I was like 13."

"Wait we are in California next camp. You know what that means Cairo." Christen says with a smirk.

I chuckle. "Yes I do."

"Are you going to show us?"

"I'm a woman of my word. If I am on the team next camp then yes I will show you guys what I do when I free dive." I say and they nod. Our food arrives and we start eating and talking about life until we leave the restaurant. It's nice to have actual friends.

After my lunch with Alex and Christen I took a nap and when I woke up I got a text from Jill telling me to come see her in her room. Once I got there I knocked on the door and waited for her to open the door.

"Hey Cairo come on in." She said when she opened the door then motioned me to go sit down. "Okay so you're in the starting 11 tomorrow. "

"Awesome...is there a but coming?"

"But you will be playing right center mid."

"Thats fine. I've played there before."

"Which team?"

"Both actually. The coaches decided to try me in different positions and I like playing so I didn't protest."

"Where all did the they put you?"

"Everywhere but goalie."

"Good to know. Well that's all I have for you." She says and looks at her watch. "It's dinner so lets head down there." I nod and we walk to the elevator and stepped on and mad our way down and to the dining room.

At dinner I learned that there is team bonding tonight and it is in the conference room.  After I threw away my trash I went and took a shower then went back to the conference room. I sat between Ash and Christen. And apparently we are playing truth or dare. Great.