Next Week?!

The next day Gabriella was at her  locker when Troy walked to herm

"Okay, prom corsages. Take your pick, because if you leave it up to me...well..." Troy showed her corsages.

"If you pick it out, I’m going to like it...Unless it’s that one." Gabriella pointed to the one she didn't like and walked away.

Troy chuckled.
______________________________________

Veronica walked up to Ryan and saw a tense expression on his face.

"What's up with you? Why so tense?" Veronica asked concerned.

"You're kidding me, right? We only have a week to find a substitute for Gabriella. That girl then has to learn the songs, dances, lines all of it." Ryan was freaking out.

And Veronica had no idea why.

"Substitute? Do you mean like an understudy? Hatter, Gabriella has never taken a sick day, even a fake one. She doesn't need an understudy." Veronica tried to calm him down.

"This isn't about her being sick. It's about her leaving for her Standford Freshmen's Honors Programme that starts next week."Ryan explained.

"Next Week?!" Veronica shouted.

"You really had no idea." Ryan's eyes went wide.
______________________________________
Sharpay walked up  to Troy.

"Hi, Troy! I realized I haven’t offered my congratulations." Sharpay fake smiled.

"Thanks, but to tell you the truth, I’m glad the season’s over," Troy told her.

"I didn’t mean basketball, silly, I meant Gabriella." She smiled.

"Huh?" Troy said confused.

"Her missing the show is a little disappointing. But being selected for Stanford’s Freshman Honors program! Well, that’s amazing for her."  Sharpay smiled.

"I don’t know what you’re talking about," Troy told her.

"Everyone else does. The whole school is buzzing. The honorees get to spend time with Stanford’s top professors in special classes. Starting next week." Sharpay told him.

"Next week?!" Troy shouted.

"You really didn’t know? Okay, this is a little awkward. I guess her not telling you means she’s on the fence about it, but who better than Troy Bolton to encourage her to accept that honor, since the only thing possibly holding her back is...you, " with that Sharpay walked away.
_____________________________________

Sorry for any errors...