She's Not Coming to Prom

The Bolton House

The Bolton House

Troy, Chad, and Veronica brought in their prom tuxedos and dress.

"Wow, gorgeous!" Mrs. Bolton gushed over the dress and tuxedos.

"I’d like to take credit, but Gabriella picked it out for me," Troy told her.

"And I’ve ordered a corsage that’s going to perfectly match her dress and the perfect earring that will match with yours, Veronica." Mrs. Bolton told her kids.

Troy’s cell phone rang

"Hey, I just showed my mom the tux," Troy answered the phone.

"We need to talk. I don't think I can come to prom." Gabriella said over the phone.

"Don’t even say that," Troy said upset and went to his room.

Chad, Mrs Bolton and Veronica shared a worried glance.
______________________________________

Troy's room

"Gabriella, the prom is in two days. You’re supposed to be on an airplane." Troy said over the phone.

"It’s taken me two weeks to get used to being away from you, from East High, and from all my friends,"  Gabriella told him. 

"I know." Troy nodded.

"So I come back and go to the prom and I leave again?" Gabriella asked.

"That was the plan," Troy told her.

"And then it’s graduation, and I leave again? I don’t think I can do it. I think I’ve run out of goodbyes, Troy. I really have." She told him sadly.

"Why do you keep saying goodbye?" Troy asked.

"I love you Wildcat but I need to stay right where I am. I’m sorry."  Gabriella hung up phone crying

Troy saw that Veronica and Chad were by the door.

"She’s not coming back," Troy told them.

"What? And miss prom?' Veronica asked.

Troy nodded and laid on his bed

"Whoa. Hey, that’s lousy, man. It really is." Chad to him.

They went to him.

"But come on. School ends, and everyone knows you don't bring your high school relationship to college right?" He told Troy.

"Don't say that," Veronica told Chad.

"It's the truth," Chad told her.

The twins sighed.

"Gabriella is one step ahead, as usual, but now, you snap out of it, dude. We’re all starting over. She’s at Stanford, Taylor’s heading to Yale. Ryan's probably gonna be the one to get that Julliard thing.  We’re at U of A. Whole new ball game." Chad told the twins.

"Chad..." Veronica sighed.

"What?" Chad asked.

"Maybe we don’t see my life as a ‘ball game’ at U of A anymore, okay?" Troy told him as he stared at a picture of Gabriella. 

"Look you're gonna go to prom with your friends and have fun," Chad told Troy.

"Yeah, I'm not missing my prom."' Troy told him.

"Good." Chad smiled and left.
_______________________________________
Sorry for any errors...