Troy Is Running Late

The next day in the auditorium

The next day in the auditorium. The opening night of Senior Year

Sharpay was stretching when she got a phone call.

"Hi, mommy and daddy. How was Africa? Oh, I mean India?... Fabulous...oh, the show is about to start...You're here, great! Oh, and I love the roses!" With that Sharpay ended the call.

Rocketman who was watching from afar walked up to her.

"We haven’t officially met, even though I feel we know each other on a sort of vibey level. I’m Jimmie ‘the Rocket’ Zara, and you are?" He asked.

"Jimmie the Rocket? What are you some sort of Muppet gangster?" Sharpay chuckled.

Sharpay soon sneezed.

"Is that your cologne or a toxic spill?" Sharpay asked in disgust.

"I bought it for the show. It’s called Babe Magnet." Jimmie took it out of his pocket.

"Get out of my way! Send Troy in to see me; we need to run the song!" Sharpay pushed Jimmie aside and walked away.

Jimmie’s cell phone rang; it’s a text message from Troy; Donny walked over.

"Hey, it’s Troy. Troy Bolton is sending me a text. Checking in. 'Been driving all night. I’ll try and get there for the second act. Break a leg' Break a leg? I don’t get it."  Jimmie said after he read the text.

"Dude, I think it’s showbiz for 'you’re going on',"  Donny told him.

"As Troy? Onstage?" Jimmie asked nervously

Donny nodded.

Ms. Darbus heard and checked the text message for herself on Jimmie's phone.

"Veronica!" Ms. Darbus called.

"Yes, Ms. Darbus?" Veronica came to her.

"Why can't Troy make it for the first act?" She asked.

"Uh, my guess is he's still at Stanford with Gabriella," Veronica told her.

"Oh dear." Ms. Darbus began getting anxious.

"Ok, Ms. Darbus calm down, deep breaths. We can do this. Somebody tell Sharpay about the switch between Rocketman and Troy I'll inform Ryan and Kelsi." Veronica came up with a plan.

"Good plan, good plan." Ms. Darbus nodded and they both began to walk away when Donny stopped them.  

"I think he stopped breathing," Donny told them as he pointed to his best friend.

"Well then give him the Heimlich It’s showtime!" Ms. Darbus said and she and Veronica walked away.
______________________________________

Veronica caught up with Ryan

"Ryan, Troy's not here," Veronica told him.

"What?!" He exclaimed.

"Rocketman is taking his place,"  Veronica told him.

"Again what?!" Ryan yelled.

"What's going on?" Kelsi walked up to them.

"Troy's not here yet," Veronica told her.

Kelsi's eyes widened
______________________________________

Sorry for any errors...