Arguments

The Bolton House

The Bolton House

Troy and Coach Bolton were having a round of one-on-one. While they were playing they were also talking.

"You hear from Gabriella?" Coach Bolton asked.

"Yeah, she's knee-deep in genius out there. Believe it or not, she says the foods better at East High." Troy told him.

Coach Bolton chuckled.

"Is she still coming down for prom?" Coach Bolton asked.

"Yeah." Troy nodded with a smile. 

"How’s the big show going?" Coach asked.

"You don’t want to know." Troy shook his head.

Coach just passed him the ball roughly as a reply.

"When did you plan to tell me about this Juilliard thing?" He took a pamphlet out his back pocket.

"Nothing to tell," Troy told him

"Well, maybe there is, I’m hearing you’re thinking about other schools." The Coach said to him.

"U of A isn’t the only school that has talked to me, Dad. You know that?" Troy asked sarcastically

"But it’s the only school we’ve talked about. Hey, Chad would be pretty disappointed if you changed your mind, for one thing." Coach told him.

"He’d get over it. Would you?" Troy asked.

"We’ve been going to U of A games since you were a little kid. All you ever talked about is being in a Redhawk uniform." Coach told him.

"Only thing is, I’m not a little kid anymore. You raised me to make my own choices. I’m the one who needs to make them, not you or Chad or anyone else, " with that Tory walked away upset.

"Hey, Troy." Coach tried to go after him.
______________________________________

Veronica's Room

Veronica was on her laptop

Coach Bolton came inside.

"I can't believe your brother." He scoffed.

"What did you guys fight about?"  Veronica asked not looking up from her laptop.

Coach Bolton went to Veronica's desk and saw the same Julliard pamphlet.

"You too?" Coach Bolton asked upset.

"I don't want to talk about it." Veronica sat up.

"Are you doing this because of Ryan? Because Veronica I get that you like him but you have a future you need to focus on." Coach Bolton lectured.

Veronica took a deep breath, this was exactly the kind of thing she was trying to avoid.

"I don't like him. I love him and for your information, Julliard is crazy expensive and there is only one scholarship available. I'm competing against him. The only reason I might be pursuing this is that I actually enjoy it." Veronica told him.

"So you don't enjoy cheerleading now?" Coach Bolton asked.

"I didn't say that." Veronica shook her head.

"And you didn't seem to know you enjoyed it before you two got together," Coach told her off.

"Ok, so he introduced to this world big deal." Veronica scoffed.

"I'm just saying cheerleading scholarship at U of A was your dream."  Coach Bolton told her.

"Yeah well, dreams can change. People grow up. I'm allowed to change my mind." Veronica told him.

"So you've decided?' He asked upset.

'No I haven't which is I applied for both scholarships: cheer and theatre  and I would really appreciate it if you  gave me some time and space to think things through, with that Veronica left her room upset. 
______________________________________

Sorry for any errors...