5

five.

baby you're making a fool of me

_____

mark sighed frustratingly as he tried to calm himself.

where was he?

mark have been sitting inside the restaurant for almost an hour and donghyuck is still yet to be seen.

he looked like a fool with mouth watering food displayed out on the table, the candle lit romantically and glasses filled with red wine but was alone with him checking his phone here and then.

people were giving him questioning look at how restless he had been for the past minutes and some women were even eyeing him to gain his attention but he wasn't in the mood to give them anything.

donghyuck haven't been answering his calls and reply any of his texts and that just made the anger boiling inside him intensified.

"he said he'll come, yeah, let's just wait for a few minutes mark. he will be here."

mark said under his breath to persuade himself and glanced at his watch.

10:00

"fucking god." he groaned lowly, gripping to his phone tightly.

it's not that mark was an impatient person but people were disappearing from the restaurant, the workers already started to clean the place and mark was still at his corner waiting for the certain boy to come.

"mark?"

oh how he wished he can curse out loud now.

"what are you doing here, alone even?" the other man said to him, another man following him behind silently. "jaehyun," the quiet boy nodded before looking back at the man that was currently sitting across the table of mark. "are you waiting for someone?" mark frowned when he thought of donghyuck again as a bitter smile came on his face.

"yeah. it's donghyuck."

doyoung nodded, eyes a little bit widened at mark's words. he didn't know anything about mark and donghyuck but he knew there was something more than just a normal boss and secretary type of relationship. mark was almost possessive of donghyuck, that doyoung was aware of but donghyuck doesn't seem like he was in for any of it though. donghyuck was too free in doyoung's view so they must not be in an official relationship.

it's not like mark and donghyuck ever made a label to their relationship though.

"well then, i'm just about to leave with jaehyun so see you in the office tomorrow," doyoung said as he stood up, offering a smile at mark before walking away with jaehyun that only sent a wave at him.

mark sighed again.

he knew doyoung was worried. he has always been like that. doyoung didn't show it a lot, but he surely care for mark way more than he thought. doyoung's family were connected with mark's since they were a child already and it's only natural that both of them get to know one another. doyoung had been that one supportive brother and friend from his childhood that is now one of his best workers.

then came jaehyun.

jaehyun appeared subtle and quiet when doyoung first introduced him to mark as his boyfriend. jaehyun was that one person who excel the audition as the most potential worker at first. despite him doing his work silently and wasn't one to talk much in the office, he's a great person to be with. he's witty and humorous, capable of pulling people to him with his charm easily, always so positive and hardworking.

mark almost bang his head on the enormous glass window beside him that had the view of the city laid sentimentally beautiful just for people to enjoy from the restaurant that was on top of the hotel.

the place was empty and it's only him alone in the restaurant now.

averting his gaze on the phone, he glared at it.

11:00

"well fuck it."

mark said before standing up. he called the waiter to his table to get rid of everything which kinda made her shocked. not only that all the food were the most expensive ones, it's untouched even. "are you not enjoying the food sir? if that's is the reason, we can ge-"

"no, i just don't want it anymore. take it away."

then mark left.