11

eleven.

call your name two or three times in a row

_____

it was that one time.

mark found himself not actually thinking of the younger boy that have been consuming his mind for a while.

he found comfort in jeno's presence and that's something new.

maybe the new worker that goes by the name of jeno was really harmless, not that mark thought he was something else of course. it just that, jeno's nature seems to be the opposite of mark's. jeno was a natural in talking, the way his friendliness coming out of him was refreshing, it remind mark of waterfall somehow. passionate, strong, yet so comforting and welcoming.

now mark was sitting across jeno at the table of a foreign restaurant, if he can even call that place as one. mark knew jeno didn't really came from a well off family, unlike most people in his company that literally grew up with silver spoon, but maybe that's what made jeno so special.

jeno was average but his charms exerted something that was extraordinary, at least to mark.

after months of working in the company, jeno can finally fit in the air around there. he can proudly say that he learned almost everything about everyone already. he got close to the ceo - which is something that took a lot from him - and surprisingly, mark was making it easier for him too.

with that, it's only possible that jeno's little crush towards his own boss also grew bigger.

how can it not be, if mark was such a great person with a strong mentality and amazing mindset, a hard working one and a very respectful person at that. jeno just loved the fact that mark treated everyone the same, everyone is considered as friends for him. he never downgrade anyone for anything that they do, no matter how horrible they're to him and maybe, that what made jeno fell for him even more.

jeno also learned about donghyuck's displeasure to him.

at first he wasn't sure why, jeno thought maybe it's because donghyuck was just usually like that. the glares and nicknames given by the younger boy though, proved him wrong. donghyuck absolutely dislike the idea of jeno getting closer to mark, that he understands. but what he can't seem to bring himself to know is, what does mark meant to donghyuck?

jeno heard a lot about what's happening between the two around the office and doyoung - being the gossip boy he is - never left out any rumors coming in. even though it broke jeno's heart a little bit to hear it, he can't grasp the idea of both of them.

the others said they're not in relationships.

donghyuck was always with someone else but obviously had something going on with mark.

then there's mark, one that always had his eyes losing a bit of its spark whenever donghyuck's name came. but it looks so fond, so gentle that jeno can say mark was deeply in love.

well jeno wasn't one to get into others relationship so if mark and donghyuck does had something, then he need to know his place.

but for now, jeno just gonna enjoy the sight of mark eating the food happily in front of him, despite being unfamiliar of the place and air surrounding him.

"so i was thinking about it," mark started, huffing lightly after munching the food non stop for a while. "do you not have a girlfriend or a boyfriend, if you swing that way of course, but do you have one?"

jeno almost, almost, choke.

the question was anything but expected but mark seems to be spontaneous about it and jeno wished, hope that maybe and really, mark's question didn't mean anything because it caught him off guard. mark does looked normal though, just drinking his hot chocolate casually.