12

twelve.

such a funny thing for me to try to explain

_____

donghyuck was one second away from ripping the bed sheets.

to say the prickling hatred and anger inside him was getting out of control would be an understatement, donghyuck was beyond mad.

he was delirious.

his mind was frenzied with the thoughts on how to get rid of lee jeno, his hand trembling out of irriration, his eyes glaring to the white sheets under.

not only was donghyuck not in his best state - catching a cold was horrible - and now here he was, stuck in mark's house for he already excused himself in order to give himself a rest. before he get home though, he heard something that made him snapped a little bit inside.

donghyuck was too much of a prideful person to admit he was jealous but when he did, it's a serious thing.

when he heard about mark going out with jeno to have lunch, it took more than just self-control in donghyuck to not burst out of anger inside the office. not that he can go to that place the two men are at, as dramatic as he is but he won't do that.

now donghyuck had his arms crossed, back against the headboard, eyes closed on the bed as the sound of the door unlocking echoed in the empty house.

mark's apartment had always been so huge for a lone guy like him. it was even more lonely that it was situated at the highest part of the apartment - a penthouse is it - and even though it was beautiful, it got way too cold sometimes when it's left.

"stop being childish donghyuck."

donghyuck just had his hands clutching to the sheets tightly. he knew, his actions came out stupid and irrelevant for a grown up man like him but he can't help it. donghyuck was blinded by jealousy, what can he do?

not only that, he also felt a burn on one side of his heart but he won't say anything about that.

donghyuck felt the bed dipped slowly, the sheets rustling and pulled away from him before a pair of hands brought itself to his, holding onto it gently. mark's fingers felt quite rough as it played with his, coming from all those paper cuts maybe. still, donghyuck just let mark settled in front of him, bringing donghyuck to his lap.

mark can only stared up at donghyuck, one hand now caressing his hair softly, the other still holding tightly to his.

it was somewhere around their little cuddling moments that donghyuck began to felt weird.

donghyuck found himself responding to the soft touches of mark, his gentle strokes and low voice. the way mark handled him, it fluttered donghyuck and he don't understand why. donghyuck was used to accept the rough side of mark, the dominant one that put him on his place that a whole fluffy looking mark made everything so strange to donghyuck.

it felt even weirder when donghyuck began to noticed the little things.

he saw the uncertainty etched on mark's face whenever he hold onto him, the barely concealed tiredness that laid behind those dark eyes, the shaking of his movements as he got closer, the lips that donghyuck got so used of kissing, it looked way better nowadays and he can't understand why.

everything about mark seems to be so pulchritudinous and it scared donghyuck so much.

he's too used of imagining mark in his wildest dream but the pictures of them just lazying around on the bed while being pressed up on one another, light kisses everywhere, little movements with calming heartbeats began to drew itself on donghyuck's mind.

mark used to thrilled donghyuck to no end but now, mark just confused him so much.

mark was supposed to be the more powerful one, the one who is in control and the one who donghyuck came for when he's bored but the idea of mark being the sweetest person he is actually pulled donghyuck in. he wanted to see more of mark's honest smile, not his smirk when he made donghyuck do things. mark's laughter, not the groans coming out of him when he had donghyuck under him, mark's compliments, not the praises that he said when donghyuck was being immensely pleasured.

donghyuck wanted to see more of the real mark, to get to know what would make him laugh so hard till he threw his head back, to make him smile so wide till he had to cover it, to see his eyes big with pure innocence and curiosity.

donghyuck was now just staring at mark and he don't know what in him that just wanted to suddenly shower mark with affection.

it wasn't usual to have him giving so much time to look at mark but now he did, donghyuck wonder what he might be missing all these time.

mark looked so gentle with his arms securely around donghyuck's waist, his voice playing on donghyuck's ear as he kept saying about how jeno wasn't anything like he thought, his sweater bringing a warm feeling to his body, his slow breathing taking away the anger that was once in donghyuck.

they had their fingers interlaced, bodies close with no such thing as distance, breath mingling together as eyes found the stars in one another.

mark looked so beautiful.

donghyuck pressed his lips on mark's slightly, a sudden hesitation was shaking out of him. donghyuck just wanted to kiss mark and he wanted it to be a normal one, he don't want them to make out or anything. donghyuck just wanted to know the feeling of embracing mark's feeling for once and try to keep everything behind the line.

donghyuck realized that not everything has to be pleasurable. there's always something in mark that donghyuck just found out. mark doesn't have to pin him down or touch him intensely to get donghyuck hook actually. mark don't have to be like how he wanted him to be.

"i only love you donghyuck."

and donghyuck just wanted to know mark more.