28

twenty eight.

got me hoping you'll save me right now

_____

the soft shuffles of the duvet sliced through the silence of the room.

donghyuck was still trying to get himself comfortable, tossing and turning slightly. the bed was too huge for him somehow, the duvet draping over him suffocating the air surrounding him.

"baby?"

donghyuck froze, his eyes widened.

turning over, he saw mark rubbing his eyes softly, yawning a bit as he stared at the younger.

biting to his lower lip, donghyuck sighed. he really didn't had any intention to wake the older but he just can't seem to sleep.

it was late night, around two in the morning and donghyuck has yet to close his eyes.

after their conversation in the morning, donghyuck just agreed on anything mark said about taking care of him and let mark brought him to his bedroom. at first, donghyuck was starting to got afraid as mark stripped off from his suit. the younger thought the older was just taking advantage of his choice but mark just changed into a more comfortable clothes before sitting on the bed, donghyuck still standing mindlessly.

he don't know how to do it, despite both of them were used with having pressed against one another before. now, the situation was different. donghyuck was scared. he was scared that mark was just playing with him, he was scared that mark might have other intentions. most of all, donghyuck was scared at himself for fearing mark.

donghyuck wanted to accept mark and persuade himself that mark wasn't anything like what the evil thoughts on his mind was saying, donghyuck knew mark would never do it. but somehow, he still can't help to shudder at the touch of mark's hands pulling him closer.

the first step would be touching, donghyuck was aware of that. he need to get used to people touching him again to be better. even within all of that, mark was cautious to not push donghyuck around. he wanted to take it slow, to make sure donghyuck was doing this because he wanted to, not cause he was being forced.

it's all about donghyuck, mark's priority has always be donghyuck.

the hesitant steps then led to them laying down on the bed for quite a while, not doing anything other than that. mark had put a pillow between him and donghyuck, for he wanted donghyuck to have his own space too. it's hard for mark, but he needs to make donghyuck feel right before he take it to another level.

"i'm sorry, i didn't mean to wake you up.."

that was the first few words donghyuck uttered to mark for quite a while. it made his heart swell, proud of his achievements and touched at donghyuck's effort to do this too. at least, mark knew he wasn't doing all of this alone. donghyuck wanted to get better too, it's not just him.

"it's okay hyuck." mark smiled, though his mind was still slightly off due to waking up so suddenly. he saw the younger nodding slowly before looking down, his hands gripping to the pillow that was used as the barrier tightly. he was curled up under the duvet, most of his body covered by it with only his head popping out from it.

mark would call the younger for being adorable but as he saw donghyuck kept moving around, he can't help to frowned.

donghyuck that seemed to notice mark's concerned eyes, looked up at the older as he sighed softly. "i can't sleep mark." donghyuck spoke, his voice low.

even in the dull of night, donghyuck can saw the sparks of light running inside mark's eyes. the eyes that was so alive in any type of situation, it was comforting and reliable. donghyuck remembered how he used to adore that pair of eyes so much, and how he still loved the meaning it held in any silent words the eyes would brought.

donghyuck realized that he was being stupid again all this time. what was he so afraid of this guy in front again, he don't know. donghyuck didn't know how he can fear mark when the older just wanted to bring nothing but happiness to him again.

donghyuck let his mind went wild for a while, letting the gears did its job before bringing the pillow that was separating them away.

mark wanted to help and donghyuck would let him do it.

he needs to do this to be better, he wanted to fine like before, wanted to love mark again and again, wished to vow his life to the older man.

mark was surprised at donghyuck's action for taking the pillow away, even more shocked as the younger shifted closer to him, his arms pulling him so their bodies were pressed on one another now.

mark saw donghyuck's hand were trembling as it reached for his face, emding up to let it rest on his cheek.

mark saw donghyuck trying to steady his breathing pace as he exhaled, looking straight at mark's eyes.

"donghyuck, you don't have to this if yo-"

"i want this."

mark was cut off from his words as donghyuck stated, the younger trying to bring out the little bit of confidence he had in himself.

"i want you."

looking for any sort of resistance or fear in donghyuck's eyes and end up not finding any of it, mark only nodded. caressing the younger's cheeks, donghyuck closed his eyes as he leaned onto the warmth.

this, this is what he missed.

this is what donghyuck missed for all this time. this is what donghyuck craved for all this time.

a pair of lips pressed onto his softly, his heart fluttering in the moment. mark pulled back for a while, testing to see if donghyuck would push him away or anything before kissing him again as he saw the younger accepting the affection.

tilting his head slightly, donghyuck let mark handled him as he felt himself get overwhelmed by the feeling crashing over him by now.

_____

since i haven't been updating for a while, i'm gonna spoil all of you with lots of update!

- tantan