29

//: idk if people still read this book but still, thanks for 9k!!

twenty nine.

your kiss got me hoping you'll save me right now

_____

"mark?"

the guy lifted his head as doyoung came inside, smiling. "oh, doyoung hyung. is there anything you need?" mark put the papers that was scattered on his table to the side, doyoung wasn't really someone that can handle too much mess.

"nah, i'm just here to tell you about the cruise party for tonight." doyoung said, now sitting down at the usual seat in front of the young ceo.

"ah, about that. renjun just told me about it earlier." nodding, doyoung then smiled. mark furrowed his eyebrow, the other seems like he has something more to say other than just reminding him about the party. "what is it hyung, is there something else?"

doyoung laughed at mark's words. mark had always been way too observant at things like this.

"well, i wanna ask if you want to bring donghyuck tonight."

hearing that, mark then blinked, leaning back at his swivel chair before pondering.

truthfully, he does have the idea of bringing the younger for the night. it was a celebration for the success of the joint project of their company and the zhong's, a project which donghyuck had poured most of his time and effort on. if there's someone that was supposed to be there, it would be donghyuck. he's the one that had the project to became a great one and he's supposed to be the one celebrating him instead of others.

but then, considering his situation, mark wasn't so sure of it.

it's not that donghyuck wasn't getting better, in fact, he was more fine than before. he didn't flinch when mark tried to touch him or something, he even initiate the move sometimes.

it doesn't mean that all is well of course.

there were time that donghyuck would be back as how he was before, pushing mark away and staying silent when he wanted to.

but that was only a spur of the moment. unlike before, donghyuck would be back to embrace him again, apologizing for acting like that and promise to not do it again. mark didn't mind though, he knew this wasn't something that can just be heal at one time.

it took time, and time is what mark would give.

"i'll think about it."

was what mark said to doyoung before the other man just nodded, standing up before leaving his office.

______

donghyuck sighed at the sight.

he was now fumbling with his tie, trying to absorb the reflection of his own self at the mirror now.

with his hair tousled back messily and coming out neat and stylish, a black suit matched with his stripe dark tie, his watch by his wrist with his shoe shining against the striking light.

it felt strange to be wrapped in such clothes after months leaving his work. this would be the first time in a while for him to step into the environment of what he used to adore so much, donghyuck was aware about people knowing his situation. that added to the tension, he really didn't want to show up. remembering all his hard works and nights he spent for this project though, he believed he should at least attend it for a while.

after all, mark wanted him to be confident.

a sudden pair of arms snaked by his waist, securing tightly on it while trying not to make any wrinkles, fingers interlacing with donghyuck's.

"how do you feel baby?"

donghyuck tried to stop smiling as mark left a kiss on his neck, giggling softly at mark resting his head on his shoulder. "i can't say i feel good," donghyuck said sheepishly, "but i'm getting there."

mark looked at donghyuck's figure by the mirror, admiring the way his body was nicely clad with the suit that he bought. mark was wearing a dark blue suit that perfectly compliment him, just enough to attract attention.

"you looks extremely stunning tonight, mr. lee."

donghyuck can't help the growing smile on his face, trying to separate himself from the man behind but it was to no avail, mark didn't want to let him go, not yet.

"i could say the same to you too, sir."

mark laughed at donghyuck's formal way of talking, the adoration in his heart clenching beautifully. it would be a lie if he said he didn't miss any of donghyuck calling him like that, it was strange enough to not be working with the other. all the time donghyuck was taking a rest, it's been a routine for either jungwoo or jeno to take his works, changing roles everyday as one  helped to serve mark, while the other working on donghyuck's part.

not that mark was complaining, jeno and jungwoo did a good job at covering donghyuck, but he missed the real thing.

mark missed the way donghyuck would just walked inside his office without knocking, sitting at everywhere inside it without thinking of how people would see him, bursting in his appointment with another person inside with the reason of having an important news to deliver when in fact he just wanted to make sure mark was doing fine, the time donghyuck would just send in a coffee at late night so he wouldn't fall asleep, the sticky notes he left about not wanting him to skip lunch or dinner, not that donghyuck would let him though.

something about that made mark question himself, donghyuck has always been taking care of him when he looked at it again. mark didn't understand why donghyuck would do it, the younger don't even had anything for mark around that time. but maybe, just maybe, donghyuck had been developing feeling since the start but never realize any of it until now.

that doesn't matter though, what mark knew was, donghyuck was his to love and to take care of now. it doesn't matter if the younger didn't love him earlier, what matters was that donghyuck love him now.

this night is going to be perfect, nothing is going to ruin it, not ever, not again.

_____

i really don't think there's people who read this book anymore but i miss you, all of you : (

i'm sorry for leaving all my nuggets for so long

i haven't update for a while cause i wanted to take time to think of the ending, i really want it to be perfect ya know

and we're left with two chapters only before ending : (

anyway

there's no need for words, don't be cowards, and stream this amazing shit over here

- tantan misses her nuggets