eight • jack? jack.

Toronto, I'm gonna fix the problem.

wyatt
oh god.
well, let's hear it.

finn
I'm gonna ask her to come to the tomorrow's fair tonight. Bill, do I have your blessing?

bill
Well, since you used proper capitalization and punctuation, sure.

finn
Really?

bill
Really.
You're a good kid.
I approve of the friendships and (most) relationships in the group.

sophia
so what if jaeden and i started dating?

bill
There is a reason I used the word most, Sophia.

jaeden
y do u not approve tho?

bill
You and Flynn are endgame.

finn
hold on now, what?
i do not approve of this ship.
notp
bill, could you bring her by my place in like an hour?

bill
Umm..
Does now work?
Got some stuff to do.

finn
oh god. sure.
noononono
I DIDN'T ASK FLYNN
IM AN AWFUL BROTHER

sophia
stop. don't worry about her.
you know how many times jeremy, chosen, wyatt, flynn, and i have met up, trying to set yall up? we literally made sure that she left you guys alone together every day this week so you could actually speak. she's the captain of the ship.

finn
thanks, soph.
oh god. bill just dropped her off.

jaeden
good luck, my dude.

Real Life

Finn didn't know what to do with himself. The boy had anxiety and his nerves surely weren't helping as the girl he thought was the most amzing, besides maybe his sister, stood at his door, smiling at him. "Hey, Finn." She smiled at him, welcoming herself into the house she was familiar with. "Uh, is Flynn here? I'm guessing that's why I was invited."

"You don't think I'm cool enough to wanna hang with you?" He chuckled, closing the door and following her into the living room, sitting next to her on the couch.

"You're Finn fucking Wolfhard." She laughed, smiling at him genuinely. "Didn't think you'd wanna hang with a normal girl like me. I still can't believe your sister wants to be my friend."

"I can." He laughed, scratching the back of his neck, admiring her bright blue eyes and pink lips. "I mean, you're beautiful and kind and so talented. My sister is always gonna be my favorite person but you are the first person to be her competition." Finn shook his head at her confused face, twiddling his thumbs in his lap. Blistered fingers and all, she thought his obvious nervousness was adorable.

"Look, I'm gonna get to the point. I know we only met a week ago and have only talked online for two months but, umm.. do y-you want to, um." He stuttered, trying to think of a way to ask her the only thing that had been on his mind ever since he stole his sister's phone while the two girls were face timing two months ago.

"Of course I'll go to the fair with you, Finn." She laughed, blushing while picking at the fabric of her jeans.

"Jack?"

"Jack." She laughed. They both shook their heads. Alexis playfully kicked his leg, chuckling. "He really wants you to be happy."

"I am happy." He smiled, quickly squeezing her hand and thinking of his sister and all of his friends, especially Jack and Alexis. Despite the many playful threats and insults, he really was so thankful for each and every one of them. And to think, none of this would've ever happened without each of their fans.