twenty one • happily ever after

REAL LIFE

Jaeden and Finn woke up bright and early that morning and left, with the approval of Finn's production team and Jaeden's mother, for both airports. Ever since the two woke up, they'd been face timing, making sure each of them got on their flights and didn't back out.

"Damn, this bag's heavy." Finn mumbled, slipping his shoes back on and adjusting his earbud in his ear. "You just waiting now?" Finn looked down to his phone, still walking forward.

"Yeah, just trying to cancel something." Jaeden fumbled with his things while Finn could hear him speaking with a woman behind a counter. "No, I bought a ticket to New Mexico for November nineteenth but I'd like to cancel it." After another five minutes of mumbling, Jaeden sat back down in the waiting area.

"Wait, why did you buy a ticket to New Mexico for two months from now?" Finn looked down at Jaeden, finally finding where to sit and wait. He probably looked crazy, talking so loud this early, but he didn't care.

"Oh, I kinda did something pretty dumb." Jaeden chuckled slightly, pulling a water bottle out of his bag and drinking out of it. "I was going to tell you but I guess I just didn't. I wanted to go see her at Thanksgiving and tell her how I feel. Guess that came sooner than I thought."

"Oh." Finn slightly smiled through his tired eyes and drained face, the same appearance he and Jaeden shared for a while. Of course, Finn was worse because he and Alexis were really together and Jaeden had just hidden his feelings.

"I gotta go. They just made the final boarding call. Let me know when you land." Jaeden pulled his bag onto his back and grabbed his suitcase, walking toward the boarding area.

"Alright. You too. Love you, man."

"Yeah, you too, Wolfhard."

Hours later, Alexis sat in her living room, crying to Flynn over the phone about how stupid she must have been to let Finn go. "I mean, he shouldn't take me back after what I said to him." She had her face in her hands while her phone sat on her living room coffee table, Flynn's voice playing over the speaker. "How did you do it?"

"Do what, hon?"

"Leave Jaeden so easily. You didn't have to call me or Sophia or Wyatt, crying." Alexis shook her head and tried to calm herself down. All her attempts failed.

"Well, I love Jaeden, at least I think I do, but we were never dating. And we may never date. I don't think he'd ever be into someone like me, so I guess it was easier. But I did cry. A lot. I've just never had to call. I leave my crying to myself." Flynn was laying on the couch in the empty makeup trailer, hands on her stomach and phone by her head, her eyes slightly glossy and very tired, just like Alexis's.

"I wish he never took your phone from you all those months ago." Alexis chuckled through the tears, still failing to prevent them.

"You do not." Flynn laughed, hearing a knock on the trailer, then seeing her co star, Jc, peek his head in, saying, "Five minutes until action."

In London, Alexis heard a knock on the door not five feet from her. "Guess we both gotta go." Flynn laughed. The girls both said goodbye, ending the call.

Alexis got up and opened her door, seeing the one person she'd never expected to see; Finn.

Don't do anything you'll regret, Alexis. "Hi." She kept her gaze down, knowing that if she looked at his curly hair, this would all become real.

"Look at me, Alex." He used his free hand to pull her chin up and they both frowned at the other's tired state. "Please just let me speak."

He paused to make sure she was really listening before continuing. "You are the most amazing girl I have ever met. Ever. Not behind my sister, not behind anyone. You're the first girl to ever make me feel alive. And you're so fucking beautiful and daring and I'm sorry if I ever made you feel you weren't. Because you're all of those things and more."

She closed her eyes and let the lingering tear fall slowly down her cheek before he wiped it with his thumb. "Finn Wolfhard, I should be the one apologizing. Although I think you're stupid for doing this," she laughed, trailing her hand down his arm and grabbing his hand. "I need to say that I'm sorry for pushing you away. In these past months, I've been so much happier than I could've ever imagined. You help me feel strong and happy."

"What are you saying?" He smirked, squeezing her hand.

"I love you so much, Finn Wolfhard." The three words that had been lingering over the two for the last month of their relationship had finally slipped. They were both taken aback a bit. Alexis was scared he'd never say it back.

"I bet I love you more, Alexis Sinclair." He leaned down, wrapping his arms around her waist, feeling hers around his neck and they locked lips again, a feeling they both feared they'd never feel again.

When they disconnected, their foreheads on one another, Alexis whispered, "Doubt it."

By the time Flynn was done with shooting for the day, it was nine at night. She made her way toward the main road to catch a ride from Jc. Before she could climb in his car, she heard a winded, familiar voice call her name. She turned back and saw the lanky, brunette boy who she'd grown to admire, running toward her.

"Jaeden. What-what are you doing here?" She laughed, looking at how adorable he looked. Despite his tired eyes, he wore a clean, yellow Naruto hoodie and jeans, his hair nice and straight.

"I flew out here to tell you something." He said, in between breaths. She crossed her arms and smirked at him, urging him to continue. "I like you. A lot. And I know you have this past or whatever but I promise you that I will give you everything you deserve. Because I wholeheartedly believe you deserve everything. You deserve someone to laugh with, cry with, dance with, but isn't Wyatt or Finn." He joked, making her chuckle a little. They both completely ignored the fact that Jc was watching from the rolled down window of his car, right behind Flynn.

"What are you trying to say?"

"Will you go out with me, Flynn Wolfhard?" He awkwardly put his hands in his pockets, waiting for a response.

Don't say it, don't say it. "Of course, you weeb." Dammit, Flynn, you said it. This isn't what you want. She pulled him in for a hug while Jc whistled, chuckling.

And both couples lived happily ever after. Well, almost.