twenty five • please don't go

skataflynn

1,883,017 likes

1,883,017 likes

skataflynn: missing our breakfast club nights. the criminal, the athlete, the basket case, the princess, and the brain.

sophialillis: we need to do another now that you're back.

user1: the important question is: who's who?

skataflynn: jeremyraytaylor assigned them. jeremy?

jeremyraytaylor: user1 okay, sophia is the criminal bc she isn't that innocent, chosen is the athlete bc have you seen that boy's arms?, flynn is the basket case bc she's crazy, i'm the brain bc i'm the smartest, and wyatt is the princess, no explanation needed.

chosenjacobs: jeremyraytaylor but in the end, we're all a little bit of each of them.

skataflynn: chosenjacobs sincerely signed, The Breakfast Club.

REAL LIFE

Jaeden's fingers were mindlessly roaming through Flynn's hair as her head rested in his lap. The unofficial couple was laying on the Wolfhard's living room couch back in the empty Los Angeles home, Flynn catching up on Naruto while Jaeden scrolled through his phone, landing on a certain post by a certain news outlet.

enews

2,626,013 likesenews: photos have emerged of t@gged stars, flynn wolfhard and jc caylen, sitting rather close on a subway this morning

2,626,013 likes
enews: photos have emerged of t@gged stars, flynn wolfhard and jc caylen, sitting rather close on a subway this morning. rumors say that she was on the way to suspected lover, jaeden martell's, house. hope he takes the news lightly.

"Lynn?" He looked down at her, her eyebrows furrowing at the television in front of her, the remains of the two's lunch laying on the table in front of her.

"Hm?" Her eyes stayed glued to the screen

"Are you- why did you say yes to going out with me if you're with Jc?" Jaeden sat up, quickly showing her his phone as she too sat up and looked at him, pausing the tv.

"Oh, that's E News, Jae. Most of what they say is a lie." She chuckled, brushing her hand through her hair.

"Okay, but that's you and Justin. On the subway. You're wearing the same clothes." The boy had always been protective, especially over Flynn, but this felt like some kind of betrayal against him, which called for protection of his own heart.

"Jae, he's like my brother." She straightened herself up, sitting to his right, looking at the eyes she'd grown to know so well.

"No. Don't do that. Don't say he's like your brother because I don't believe that. You're holding hands, he's protecting you." Jaeden shook his head and showed her the photo once more. "The same stuff you do with me. But I'm 'not your brother?'"

"Jaeden, please don't make this-" She started to say, up until he started getting up, standing over her. She stood up, grabbing his arm, trying to calm his face from getting any redder than it already was. She put her hand on his cheek and whispered, "please don't go" as a tear rolled down both of their cheeks, as if they were in sync.

"Text me when you're ready to tell me the truth." He unplugged his charger from the wall and looked back at her, her face now covered in tear stains.

"Please, Jae." She shook her head, standing almost frozen in place.

"I'm trying to make this work. You need to try too." And with that, he closed her front door behind him, stopping to think about what he'd just done before wiping many tears away and calling for a ride home.

Back in the house, Flynn collapsed backwards onto the couch, shakily scrolling through her contacts.

justin cloud caylen ☁️

She scrolled past his name, all the way to the S names; The only person who wouldn't threaten Jaeden, like Wyatt or Finn, but wasn't Jaeden himself that she could trust fully with anything serious.

SINclair

With a shake of her thumb, she pressed the green call button and, after no more than three rings, she heard the welcoming voice of her dear friend.

"Hey, babe. What's up?" Alexis smiled through the phone. Flynn thought twice about calling her. No way in hell was she gonna drag her friend's mood down because she did something stupid.

"Oh. Sorry, Alex. Wrong number. Meant to call Jaeden." She tried to laugh it off, but slightly knew Alexis would never buy the shake in her voice.

"No. I'm not letting you hang up on me. You let me call you crying so much. Your turn." On Alexis's line, she sat in her new, empty room in her uncle Bill's place, every kind word she spoke bouncing off the walls.

"I- I did something really dumb to someone so amazing and I don't know what to do." Flynn let herself break down after years of keeping tears in and to herself. She could barely breathe, let alone hear herself think through all the tears and rushing thoughts.

"Bill's gonna drop me off. I'm on my way. Hang tight, Flynn. Keep yourself together."

Ignorant words, Flynn thought, the only way I could keep myself together was through him.

Nevertheless, she persisted and held on and stayed crying in that very upright position on the couch for the next twenty minutes until a brunette girl burst into the front door and right to her side.