Chapter 17

"Laura... laura... don't leave me please."

~Now~

Laura Pov

I was currently watching Ross sleep, he looked adorable! he hadn't exactly woken up yet. But he was talking in his sleep as a side affect of the strong medication. Thankfully for me, Madison was banned from seeing him at the hospital after that little show she caused, the doctors preferred if she didn't enter Ross's room.

I was oddly extremely happy about that, though I don't know why. She was Ross's girlfriend but something about seeing her with my best friend gave me chest pains.

(knock knock)

"Come in."

"Hey, how is he?" Rydel asks coming into the room sitting on the couch since I was sitting in a chair right next to him.

"Pretty much the same, since last night." I said staring down at him and holding his hand.

"He's trying to move more and is talking a bit more clearly. But he hasn't woken fully yet. The doctor' said he should wake up soon though." Rydel just nods.

"Well hopefully he wakes up soon, I can tell you miss him a lot." She said a bit too cheery.

"Yeah I do. I mean, we haven't talked in months but I really do miss him." I said and I interwine my small fingers with his.

"You sure, you just miss him laura? Cause you seem awfully happy when he was groaning your name in his sleep front of Madison." She said smirking a bit.

"Delly, what are you getting at?" I asked confused.

"Oh come on laura, you know what I'm trying to say." I wait for her to continue as I turn my full attention to her because I am completely clueless.

She noticed my confused faced.

"Laura, do have feelings for Ross?" She said a bit too loud.

What!

"Delly, I just miss him. We've been apart for a while now and we didn't exactly end our friendship in good terms." I remind her.

"Okay so explain the kisses you've shared with Ross before the Accident, because you did not mention that to me!" She said with a huge smile on her face.

I could feel the heat rise in my cheeks a bit.

"Oh what? kisses... me and Ross? ... pfft... who can remember that was so long ago." I said nervously.

"Laura Marie Marano! you tell about those smooches right now before I begin the raura chant!" She said seriously.

"Ok ok fine. Ross and I might have... possiblity... kissed at the party. For like five minutes... or so." I said looking down at my fingers.

"You made out with Ross!" Rydel squealed and started jumping up and down.

"I did not." I say defensively.

" I simple kissed him back when he kissed me... I just... didn't pull away... so quickly." I said.

"Wait so did you like the kiss or...?" 

"No... I mean Yes... I mean...(sighs) I don't know."

"I panicked afterwards and ran out, then he ran after me and then we ended up here. So I haven't really thought of it yet." I said with a frown because I remember the accident was caused by me.

"Oh laura, the accident wasn't your fault."

"Then why do I feeling so guilty? If I would've stay then maybe we wouldn't be here right now and Ross wouldn't be in a coma." I said quietly as tears fell from my eyes.