Chapter 1 - Introductions

Joshua Bradley, the quiet, mysterious kid that sat on his own in every class he had. He only spoke when spoken to, never put his hand up or voluntarily worked in groups. However he wasn't rude like you would expect. Despite his shyness he still tried so hard to always respond to people if they talked to him and smile as he walked past. He just preferred to be alone it was easier. Between bullies and people who were just plain rude, staying invisible was the best option.

Simon Minter, the loud, popular kid that everyone knew and loved. He spoke to everyone was kind and polite what could anyone not like? He had a big group of 5 other friends and like him they were adored by everyone.

Josh was gay - everyone knew that. That was the reason he was bullied. People thought he was a freak and hated him for it. Josh was proud to be gay. He knew that there was nothing wrong with him. His family supported him. He lived with his mom and little brother.

Simon was also gay - no one knew that. It was a secret he'd kept with him for his whole life. He knew that if he told anyone that his life would change and he wasn't prepared for that. He was perfectly happy avoiding his feelings and not dating until after high school at least. He didn't know what his friends would think but he knew what others would. They would treat him the same way they treated the only out person in their year - Josh.

Simon noticed Josh. Although he had never spoke to him he was always watching him. It sounds weird but he had his reasons. As said before he was the only out person in his year. Simon always wondered what it would be like to be that. He was also intrigued by Josh, he didn't know why but he was. His green eyes and dark hair just seemed to pull him in.

Josh noticed Simon. How could he not everyone did. However he was pretty certain due to his shyness that Simon would never notice him. He never saw the stares in admiration Simon sent his way or the extra friendly smiles Simon gave him. He just thought that he was like that with everyone because he was nothing special right?

Simon had blond hair and blue eyes and Josh had dark hair and green eyes. They were polar opposites to everyone surrounding them.