Chapter 21 - Happiest

A/N - I know this is short and shit I just thought it was necessary

Josh's POV:

"Hey babe"  I said answering the phone to Simon

"Wanna come over?"

"Aren't your parents home?"

"Yeah, that's the point they want to meet you"

"How come?"

"Because they may have been told about what happened in social studies yesterday and confronted me. I lost it and shouted at them because they asked why I didn't tell them. They said they love me and have realised that they need to be better parents and they don't care that I'm gay. They asked me about you and I must have done a wonderful job of describing you cause they want to meet you."

"Oh my god Simon, I'm so proud of you, of course I'll come. Be there in 15 minutes"

"See you then handsome"

"See you then beautiful" I knew I would've made him blush by calling him that but he was cute when he blushed.

I threw on a jacket and my shoes and began walking to his house.

Simon's POV:

I was nervous. I know my parents said that they were good with me being gay and that Josh seemed nice but what if this went wrong?

The doorbell sounded and I shot up to get to it before either of my parents could

"Hey Josh" I said leaning up slightly to kiss his lips

"Hey babe" he said wrapping his arms around me

"You ready?" I asked nervously

"Are you?" He said laughing slightly

"I don't think I ever will be but it's happening so I guess I'll have to be' I said laughing slightly with him

I wrapped my hand around mine and intertwined our fingers. He squeezed it as a form of reassurance.

"Mom, dad, Josh is here"

"Hello, I'm Mark, Simon's dad and this is my wife Sarah" my dad said shaking his free hand but my mom went straight in for a hug.

"It's very nice to meet you both" he said, wow polite around parents too what more could I ask for from him.

My parents talked and talked to Josh about any and everything.

"So Simon mentioned you have a younger brother, who else do you live with?" My mom asked

"Just my mom, my dad up and left when I was 6, but it's ok because we're way better off without him" he said

He never really talked about his dad, when he did I could sense the tension growing in him. He was annoyed at the fact that he left when Noah was so young but at the same time was glad that Noah hadn't had a chance to feel the attachment he did before he had left. All he wanted was for Noah to not be hurt and he knew that if he hadn't left it would have just been worse in the long run.

"Well, you seem like a lovely person, I hope Simon makes you happy" my mom said

"Of course he does, he makes me the happiest out of anyone"

"And he makes me happiest"