Chapter 6: You should leave

REMY'S POV

"Oh my God, what happened to you?"

I've never seen Amine looking so distressed. The guy in front of us obviously has a broken nose and he is a bit too pale. What surprises me the most, though, is his smug expression. I take an instant dislike to him, although I don't really know why. I guess I am being unfair, the poor guy must be in so much pain, a broken nose hurts like crazy.

"I can drive you to the nearest hospital. Come and have a seat. I can - "

"There's no need" the guy interrupts him, looking bored. "It doesn't even hurt that much. I have people at home who will take care of it for me."

"Still" Amine insists, "We can help you. You shouldn't be left on your own. I can drive you home. Where do you live?"

"I told you, I'll be fine. I have just called my private chauffeur, he should be there soon."

Jesus, the guy must be loaded. Maybe it's the reason why he looks so self-satisfied. Amine nods, looking a bit impressed and I just cross my arms, adopting a firm stance before asking:

"Who did that to you?"

"Tall guy, brown hair, tanned skin, pearly white teeth, snarky attitude"

I immediately put a comforting hand on my friend's shoulder, who looks like he is about to throw up. I have told him countless times that his brother wouldn't change but he is a hopeless optimist, who always puts too much faith in others. 

"Tha- that's r-ridiculous" he stutters. Nour would never do such a thing."

"Oh, trust me, he would" the guy snorts, and I have to mentally agree. "For some reason, the bastard tries to look like he is a big shot, when deep down he is just a whiny little bitch. Just because he is tall and bulky doesn't mean he won't take it up the - "

"Hey", Amine interrupts him, clearly pissed now. "That's my brother you're talking about."

"Well, your brother is a douchbag with anger issues. He's clearly fucked up, how can you not see it? " the guys retorts, looking unimpressed. "Anyway, be glad I won't press charges, because I have enough money and influence to bring you all down."

With these kind words, he turns heels and quickly heads for the door. A few seconds later, he is gone. How did his chauffeur manage to get here so quickly? 

"The guy looks like he deserved it. He sounds like an asshole", I say truthfully after a few minutes of silence, more to comfort Amine than to defend his troublesome little brother. 

"Save it, Rémy. I know my brother isn't an angel. He and I have been living under the same roof since he was born, as you already know. I am pretty sure he enjoyed punching the guy. Nour is very good at pissing off people, as you're probably well aware of. The asshole is right: my brother is crazy." he laughs bitterly. "Where is he anyway? He and I need to talk."

Ouch. Nobody wants to cross path with an angry Amine, shifter or not. The fact that he is usually so calm and collected makes him look even scarier when he gets mad. I guess it's a common trait to the quiet ones - hell breaks loose when they lose their cool. I almost pity Nour. Almost

Speaking of shifters, I wonder if Amine knows about his brother? I would say yes, given that they have been living in the same house since forever. At the same time, I'm not completely sure, because I'm slowly realising that Nour can be quite secretive. 

"I have no idea where he went. Maybe we can check if he is in his bedroom?" I suggest but Amine shakes his head.

"Nah" he replies. "Let's begin with your bedroom."