Chapter 29: No shame no game

This (incredibly long, OMG) chapter is dedicated to @Gypsy_Misfit and @TheWildOne01  Happy (belated) birthday, guys !! Hope you like it! 

"Monsters don't sleep under your bed, they all scream inside your head"

REMY'S POV

"I swear, Rémy, you really looks like a big bad scary wolf at times" my brother mocks me, when I try to look intimidating in order for him to spill the beans. 

"Come on, Matty! Something's up with you! Just tell me already! I might be able to help"

"I highly doubt it" he retorts, making my wolf growls, but I force myself to stay calm as I take in how stressed and tired Matthias looks. 

"Matthias, please"

"Our little fox is back" he suddenly yells, happy for the distraction. "I'm pretty sure he's going to your bedroom! You should go and get your man before he chickens up again"

"Matthias" I try again, while getting up with a feeling of urgency, because if Nour wants to talk to me, I'm definitely not going to miss this opportunity. 

"We'll talk later, lover boy! Now get out of my bedroom and don't let your soulmate run away"

Little brothers are too insolent for their own good, nowadays. 

This isn't going to be the end of it, I swear. We will talk, whether he likes it or not. 

I give him a last warning glance, which he totally ignores, before heading in the direction of my own bedroom.

Just like Matthias predicted it, Nour is waiting in front of my bedroom's door, his fist raised. I wait for a bit, but it's obvious that he's hesitant about the whole thing. 

"You don't have to knock, there's nobody inside" I declare casually, making him jump in fright, then turn around to glare at me. 

"I was, huh, I was not going to knock, I was just thinking of, huh, something and then I ended up in front of your bedroom"

How cuuuute. 

"Sure, if you say so. Well, now that you ended up in front of my bedroom by accident, please, do come inside"

He scowls but still opens the door and sits on my bed, while I sit on the edge of the desk. 

I might looked all relaxed and confident on the outside, but on the inside I'm freaking out because I want this conversation to end well. I want him to trust me.

However, it soon becomes apparent that Nour is even more nervous than I am, so I decide to go first. 

"They made a pact with Hunters" I declare

"I beg your pardon?"

"Those fucking lions that were blackmailing Renan in order to get their filthy hands on you. They were sending to the Hunters the locations of the shifters they wanted to get ride of. I figured it out, because all their ennemies tended to disappear one after another"

"And  then - "

"While Renan was distracting them, far enough from their house, I went to their home, unlocked their computer and sent their adress to the Hunters. Those killers sent twenty of their members, all heavily armed, to dispose of them. You reap what you sew, as the saying goes. These lions are gone now"