10

READER POV

Hyejoo grabbed my hand and started to walk off towards one of the bathrooms, walking in and locking the door.

"Sit on the counter." She said simply before grabbing a few things.

I nodded and hopped on the counter, looking down at my hands. The whole scene that had just happened nonetheless scared me a bit, every day someone is being threatened to death. Something I surely didn't want.

"Show me your hands." Hyejoo's voice threw me out of my thoughts.

 I held out my hands that had small drops of blood trickling down, nail marks inside of my palms. The smell of blood triggered something inside of me as I sighed in satisfaction.

"Don't enjoy it too much, it is your own." Hyejoo said.

"Huh?" I asked.

"You're starting to enjoy the scent of blood, don't too much right now. Since it's your own." Hyejoo replied, starting to clean my hands.

"Did you really mean what you had said?" I asked.

Hyejoo stopped abruptly and looked at you, "What do you mean?"

"That you said you would kill her." I said.

"I wasn't lying." Hyejoo nodded. "She was the one who was being a bitch to you."

"And when she said about your chances with me, what was that supposed to mean?" I asked.

Hyejoo sighed and ran a hand through her dark hair, "Look. Because I'm the one who bite you, the automatic thing that happens is the new vampire is the first spouse of the vampire who bit them. That's why I've been trying to protect you the best that I can. Because I knew I would have to tell you eventually. I just didn't know how. Hell I know it wouldn't even become a thing between us."

I nodded, taking in the information before lifting her head and cupping her face. "And how would you know that it wouldn't?"

Hyejoo looked taken back as she let out a stuttered response, "Uhm b-because I didn't k-know your p-preference a-and Haesul eonni w-would kill m-me."

I smiled to myself before shaking my head. "I don't have a preference, I love who I love. And I could probably convince Haesul eonni."

Hyejoo nodded, not exactly knowing what to say next. I decided to take a step out of my comfort zone and try to make the first move. I slowly started to lean in as did she. Faces were inches apart. 

"Yah! What are you two doing?!" 

We turned quickly to see Haesul standing in the doorway. We pulled away as I jumped off the counter. 

"Hi eonni." I smiled at her.

"Don't. What is going on in here?" Haesul asked.

"Nothing. Hyejoo was just helping me for a second, that's it." I told her.

"Exactly. It was nothing eonni." Hyejoo said next to me.

Haesul looked between you two before nodding, walking out of the room.

I let out a sigh of relief before looking at Hyejoo. "That was way too close."

"Surely she didn't believe it." Hyejoo nodded.

"I don't know." I shrugged.

"Well let's hope it worked." Hyejoo said before walking out of the room. 

I ran a hand through my hair with a groan before walking out as well and towards my room.

"What happened in there? You and Hyejoo look tense." Jinsoul walked behind you.

"Nothing happened, she was helping me with something." I replied.

"With what? How to sneak away and make out." Jinsoul laughed.

"Aigoooo." I groaned. "It wasn't that."

"Then what was it? Please tell meeeeee." Jinsoul whined.

"Not going to work." I said and walked into my room.

"Pleaseeeeeeeee." Jinsoul did aeygo. "You can talk to me."

"Fine." I said, giving up.

"Yes!" Jinsoul grinned and jumped next to you.

"Okay, okay. Please sit down though." I told her, closing the door and sitting on my bed.

Jinsoul nodded and sat down next to me. "Okay, so what happened?"

"Apparently I was cutting my nails into my palms. Hyejoo took me into the bathroom and helped me. Then we started talking about what had happened. Now I understand. And that's it." I explained.

Jinsoul stared at me for a second before shaking her head. "That's not it. What else?"

"That's it. Then Haesul eonni walked in and scared us." I said.

"You're a bad liar." Jinsoul said.

"Or you're just going through my head." I replied.

"Only a little." Jinsoul smiled.

"Gah fine! We almost kissed too." I muttered.

"Really? Really?! Yesssss! Jungeun owes me 23,000 won!" Jinsoul grinned.

"You two made a bet?" I asked.

"Well of course we did, we always do. I usually win though." Jinsoul added.

"That's nice." I chuckled.

"I can so help you though. I know about this stuff." Jinsoul smirked.

"You? Relationship stuff? You're joking right?" I asked.

"Nope!" Jinsoul said. "Now let me help you, please!" She begged.

"Fine. Only because I have some faith and trust in you." I told her.

"Good enough for me." Jinsoul smiled.