04

"Newt!?" Tina said a little more loudly.

"Huh! What.... oh.. I... I'm so sorry. I was just..."

"It's okay, Mr. Scamander. I was thinking that if you would like to join us...at lunch? We would be more than happy, right Tina?" Tolliver asked eagerly looking from Newt to Tina.

Tina looked uncomfortable while Newt started stammering, "I.. um..."

"Oh! Please, I insist." Tolliver pleaded. Then He turned towards Tina, saying "com'n Tina, invite Him. I guess Mr. Scamander won't let you down. You two know each other for a long time!"   Tolliver looked exited,  "and besides, it's almost lunch time....aaaanndd, I'm pretty much hungry."

Tina looked at the watch. It showed past noontime. Then she looked at Newt, who's currently standing there self consciously, holding his case and looking at her intensely.

She cleared her throat, and said, "Newt, I would love to have you with m-er... us."

"Please, Mr. Scamander!" Tolliver poked again, "see, now even Tina also approved!"

"I... uh, okay." Newt accepted it finally.

"Yes!" Tolliver raised his fist and jumped. "You guys just wait a minute. I'll be right back!" saying this he disapparate.

Both Newt and Tina fell into an awkward silence.

After a minute Newt found his voice, "so, Y-You and Mr. Tolliver are to-together. Con...gratulations." he said looking sideways.

Tina looked at him painfully. "Newt... That's...I—"

But before She could complete Tolliver arrives and chirped, "shall we go?!" He then looked form Tina to Newt, "are you guys in a middle of a serious conversation? Did... I interrupt anything important?"

"No, Mr. Tolliver." Newt said, before Tina, offering him a little smile, "we... we should headed to before it gets late."

"Of course! Tina?" Tolliver called, turning towards her and offering her, his hand.

Tina looked at Newt and bite her inside of her lower lip before accepting Tolliver's hand, hesitatingly.

Newt looked at Tina then at her and Tolliver's hand and then again to Tina.

"Alright! Let's go." Tolliver exclaimed as he didn't notice the tension between Tina and Newt.

They ended up inside a little cafe, outside of the MACUSA and, ordered their meals.

"Mr. Scamander," Tolliver started, "I read your book and it's.... it has become one of my favorite! I love it. I have a little request if you please?"

Newt look at Him questioningly.

Tolliver reached to the inside pocket of his overcoat and pulled out a book. It's Newt's book — Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them.

"I brought it two month ago and I don't know how many times I have already read it." Excitement was dripping from his voice, "if you don't mind, would you please sign it for me, Mr. Scamander? "

Newt looked at Him curiously. "Sure," he nodded.

He signed the book and gave it back to him, and said "thank you for your review."

Their meals came and they started eating.

"Oh, its nothing!" Tolliver smiled. "You know Tina and I brought this book together. I mean not together together. She got her own copy of course." Tina looked up and smiled and looked at Newt.