07

The next morning Tina woke up with a start.  "urgh..." groaning Tina rubbed her neck and made her way to the kitchen.

As soon as She entered the kitchen She saw Newt was there, working.

He turned to see Tina in Her pajamas. Tina's mouth fell open as She saw Newt with a frying pan wearing a pink colored kitchen apron with frills in it, which clearly belongs to Queenie.

"What... are You doing? " She asked in disbelief

" Making the breakfast for.... both of Us." He said placing down the frying pan and putting the bacon on both of Their plates.  "well sit down... I'm not going to poison You." He said with a little smirk.

Tina let out a little laugh remembering the last time. She sat down and Newt placed both Their plates.

"The most important meal of the day," Newt said. "Go on. I'm well at cooking....Y-You won't die eating it."

Tina watched Him as She smiled and took a piece of the bacon and said "You definitely are a good cook, Mr. Scamander. Better than Me, at least. I used to burn things... whenever I tried to cook something, a little complicated. "

Newt offered Her a small smile and replied "well.... when You live by Yourself and....uh... traveled most of the time, You need to learn... few common things."

They fell in an awkward silence. Tina caught Newt twice, sneaking glances at Her.

Tina bites her lips and cleared her throat and said " I'm sorry Newt.. about last night. I shouldn't behave in that way."

Newt nodded and said " You're forgiven. " He looked up and met Her eyes as He continued  " I'm sorry too."

"Why are You saying sorry, Newt?" Tina asked.

"For hurting Your feelings... and –" but before He could continue Tina said

"It's alright Newt.... really."

"No, it... it's not. I really am sorry." He whispered.

Tina nodded and said "no harm done."

Newt glanced at Her before ducking His head down. They finish Their breakfast in silence. Tina took the plates to the sink and cast a cleaning spell.

She turned and saw Newt was staring at Her.

As soon as He realized He looked elsewhere, embarrassed.

Tina tucked a hair behind her ear.    "Did You met Jacob lately?" She asked.

"N-no"

"Do You want to?"

Newt's face lit up "Y-Yes! Of course. When?"  He said smiling broadly.

Tina smiled at His excitement and replied " around five thirty in the evening. He'll be free by then."

Newt nodded. "okay," He said looking up "I'll get ready for work...." but stopped in the middle and turned "are...do You want to see the new creatures... we... we rescued yesterday?"

Tina's face lit up in the thought to spend time with Newt as She said " I would like that... very much"

Newt looked at Her with happiness in His eyes as He murmured   "okay "   and rushed to the guest room.

"Okay," Tina whispered to Herself and left kitchen also.

They entered MACUSA and Newt left to check on the creatures alone as Tina was asked to meet President Picquery immediately. Tina left for the meeting feeling a bit down.