Chapter Five

DEMI'S POV

I watched Wilmer try and take it in. If I found out yesterday morning and it still hasn't hit me, I'm not expecting him to understand just yet. He manages to understand everything I go through eventually, but I know this is totally different to a relapse or handling difficult people. Wilmer took a deep breath in and wiped under both of my eyes, still remaining quiet. I looked at him, eagerly awaiting a reply.

He took his eyes off me and looked at the ground, I feel bad now. I mean, I really had to tell him but now he's just in an awkward situation. If I don't speak now, I don't think we'll be speaking for a while. Just standing in silence, staring at each other.

ANNA'S POV

I have given up waiting for Demi and Wilmer to return, they've taken way longer than I thought they would. I sighed, looking back at the room where they went and then looked back at the TV, switching off the ID channel and putting on Disney. I can't remember when Demi was on Disney as Sonny Munroe, but then again I was real young. I'm told Disney isn't the same anymore, whether or not that's a good or bad thing is a mystery to me. I turned the volume down to try and listen to them in the guest bedroom, but I couldn't hear anything. 

DEMI'S POV

I tilted Wilmer's chin to look at me. "I'm sorry," I choked back tears and Wilmer put a shaky finger to my lips.

"Don't be sorry, baby, you have nothing to be sorry for." I smiled at his compassion and nodded my head, somewhat agreeing with him.

"I know, bu-" he cut me off, a wobbly smile forming on his face.

"We'll get through this together, Demi, we always do."

He was right. We have always got through things, no matter how hard, together. My Lovatics have always supported my relationship and I know that, if I can't do it alone, I have my Lovatic family and Wilmer to help me get back on my feet. It's nice to know that I have people to lean on, whether I'm in their arms or if I just check my Twitter to see the love they have for me, which I have for them.

"Can I ask what happened?" Wilmer tilted my chin up this time, pecking a kiss on my lips before I could reply.

"Car accident," I allowed my tears to fall freely, knowing for sure that Wilmer would clear them away.

He did. He put both of his thumbs either side of my face and slowly wiped my salty tears away, trying to remain strong for my sake.

WILMER'S POV

I don't know what to say. I don't know how on earth I'm going to help Demi get through this, but I know deep down that we will both come out the end of the dark tunnel. I will help Demi with Anna and we will be fine, after all, we always are. No matter what happens to my baby, I will be there. We were made for each other and, although I don't feel we can right now, we will make it through.

I forced a smile at Demi; one that was not only weak, but looked fake. She smiled back at me. I saw right through it, though. Her mouth may have smiled by her eyes were sad. I haven't seen this sadness in Demi for quite some time and it breaks my heart.

DEMI'S POV

I looked at Wilmer, my hands still entwined with his. "Can we talk about this later? I still haven't told Anna." Wilmer nodded and then loosened his grip around my hands.

"Baby, we can talk about it whenever you are ready. When do you plan on telling Anna? Today?" I nodded.

"Today."

Although, deep down, I didn't want to ever have to tell my baby sister that our lives were going to change. Yes, they will change for the worst at first, but I like to believe that time heals. However bad, if you give it time, you will heal. No, you will not be fixed, you can never fix a broken heart. But, you will learn to live with it better. It will shape you into a better being and you will be able to use your own experiences to help others. I strongly believe that anyone, no matter how strong or how weak they seem, can get through absolutely anything that life throws at them.

"You can do it, baby, I'll be here to catch you if you ever fall, you know that," and with that, Wilmer kissed me on the lips once more.

ANNA'S POV

I turned off the TV and heaved a sigh. Where the hell have they got to? I sighed once again and pushed myself off the sofa, wrapping one of the blankets that laid on the sofa around me. I was getting kind of bored waiting for them both. 

I helped myself to a cookie from an opened pack that laid on the kitchen table, and then slowly wandered towards the guest bedroom, hoping that maybe if I was slow enough, they'll come out the room and I could pretend to walk elsewhere. I don't think Dems will be too pleased if she finds out I've gone to be nosey. Ugh, I can't take it anymore! I really want to find out what they're doing!

Sigh. I finished the cookie and hovered outside of the guest bedroom door. I pushed my ear up against the door, making as little noise as possible. Nothing. No sound, absolutely nothing. Are they sleeping? I don't think the window is enough to escape out of. Curiousity may kill the cat right now, but I can pull the 'I wondered where you'd gone! I wanted to make sure you were okay!' card, surely. Sucking back nervous laughter (is that even possible to do?), I slowly pushed down the handle of the guest bedroom door. I still couldn't hear anything, so I pushed the door wide open.

Demi was standing there, Wilmer beside her.

"Hey, gu-" The sound of crying, that I couldn't hear before, interrupted me. "What's happened?"