Chapter Twenty-Two

DEMI'S POV

I took my eyes off the view from the window and leaned in front to tap Max on the shoulder. "That's Nick's house in the distance, isn't it?"

Max nodded his head. "Yes, we're here."

Great, the fun starts now. I glanced at Anna and tapped her shoulder. "We're here."

"Are we?! Wow, his house is HUGE!"

I laughed at Anna and unbuckled my seatbelt. "If it's as nice as it is inside, baby girl, we're in for a treat."

I grabbed my bag from the car floor and then proceeded towards the house. There's a lump in my throat, I'm nervous. I mean, I don't know why but I am. I cleared the lump in my throat and knocked on the door. Within seconds, Nick swung the door open and eyed me and Anna.

"Long flight?"

I nodded my head, both of us were visibly tired. Anna won't stop yawning and complaining that she's hungry, and my stomach won't stop growling. 

"Come on in then you two, we can just chill today. The beach can wait."

Anna dragged her feet through the door and I followed behind. A few seconds later, Max hurried in to present us with our suitcases.

"Demi, I'll be staying at the hotel twenty minutes away. Let me know if you need me."

"Okay, I will."

Max slightly waved and then shut the door behind him. Usually, he hangs around but nobody knows I'm here that my protection isn't a big deal right now. Plus, even if the paparazzi did know I was in Cali, Nick's house is pretty private. Nobody knows about it. I mean nobody, not even Joe or Kevin.

"Anna, you have your own room, is that okay?"

Nick looked at Anna and her face lit up.

"Yes, yes! Thank you! Where is it?"

"Follow me."

Nick led Anna off up the stairs with her suitcases. A real gentleman, the better Jonas. I stared around the beach house. It was breath-taking, really. Two staircases stood in front of the door that joined up the top and a huge chandelier hung in front of them. Behind the staircases was a wall full of windows that filled the whole wall from top to bottom. On the two walls either side were family pictures and artistic creations and then a tall and wide doorway stood to the left and right of me. On the left, I could see a tiled kitchen with a huge island and a row of breakfast stools. To the right was a corner sofa with a massive flatscreen TV and a line of bookshelves. I could just about see the double doors behind the corner sofa that led out onto what looks like a balcony. Past the balcony, the thin, pale line of where the ocean 'meets' the sky was visible. Before the sight of the ocean and the beautiful house could become overwhelming, Nick came back downstairs.

"Come on, babe, let me show you our room for the vacation."

He smiled at me and helped me with my suitcases up the stairs.

"Anna's already settled in her new room, Demi. She loves it."

I grinned.

"I'm glad. She deserves it. I'll thank you later."

Nick stopped in his tracks outside the bedroom and winked back at me. 

"Can't wait."

He opened the bedroom door and helped me bring the suitcases inside. Wow, just wow. Even the bedrooms are luxurious.