Chapter Twenty-Five

DEMI'S POV

"Demi?"

I opened my eyes and sat straight up on the sofa. I rubbed my eyes and looked at the wallclock: 6pm. Shit, I only wanted a quick nap, not a 5 hour slumber. I smiled at Nick. "Yeah?"

"I've been thinking..."

"About?"

"About you and Anna. This house is big enough for the both of you."

"Wait, what are you trying to say?" I blinked rapidly, confused.

"I'm trying to say that you should come and live with me. Here. By the beach. Both of you."

"Wait, what? To live here with you? Nick, that's a nice proposition but..."

"I don't want you to decide right now, babe. You have all vacation to decide and you obviously need to see Anna's thoughts on it."

"She'll obviously jump at the chance."

"Well, you have the rest of the vacation to decide for yourself then!" Nick laughed.

I don't know about this. I mean, it would be great for Anna and I because it's a fresh start and we can work on making sure Anna's fine. She's had two doctors appointments and is on anti-depressants right now but no diagnosis just yet. But we have family in Texas and our parents are in Texas. When I'm in Texas, I feel closer to them if that makes sense, which it probably doesn't.

"Demi?"

I snapped out of my daydream and nodded my head. "I'll speak to Anna."

"Okay, great. This will be good for you both, babe, but don't rush things it was just an idea..." His voice trailed off, causing me to focus solely on him.

"Hey, I haven't said no! I'll speak to A."

Nick nodded and kissed me on the cheek. I blushed a little and got up off the sofa. "I'll speak to her right now."

I wandered up the stairs and smiled at Anna who was walking away from my bedroom. "Hey, missy. Slow down. What're you doing?"

Anna chuckled and looked down at her feet. "I was just trying on your foundation, mine ran out."

"Wait, what? Look at me." I tipped Anna's chin up and looked at her makeup. She did it pretty well, except for the nice orange ring around her face. "It'll do. Anyway, I need to talk to you."

I took Anna's hand and led her backwards into my bedroom. "It's about Nick, kinda."

"Oh?" Anna pulled a puzzled expression.

"He asked me to move in with him here. He wants us to both move in."

Anna stared into space for a split second and then her face lit up. 

"I'd love to! That sounds good, Demi."

"Yeah? Okay, I thought you'd say that. How are you feeling?"

Anna shrugged. "Fine, I guess."

"You've been taking the pills, right? No more harming?"

"Yes, Demi, I have. No more harming."

I honestly think this is a great turning point. Bracelets still filled her wrists though.

"Can I?"

Anna reluctantly nodded and I pulled her bracelets around to check her skin. Nothing new on it. Thank God.