Chapter Fifteen

DEMI'S POV

Thankfully, the teacher told me she sorted the bullying situation at Anna's school. Anna hasn't brought it up anymore and it's been a fortnight so I think it's cleared up. Anyway, today is my first day back at work. Part of me is excited to have routine as it keeps me healthy and focused, but another part of me is on the brink of a mental breakdown. It's an appearance on Jimmy Fallon. Don't get me wrong, Jimmy is great and we're friends, but I don't want him to ask about my parents. I told him not to and he said he respects that and he won't, but won't it look odd if I do my first interview since their deaths and don't speak up about it? Sigh, I'm now regretting my decision to say no to it. I fished my phone out of my pocket and quickly rearranged things with Jimmy.

Forget what I said, I'm up for questions on it if u like. X

Jimmy, or possibly his management, replied within an instant.

That is fine. Whatever is fine with you. See you later.

I'm guessing it wasn't Jimmy if no kiss was added, that would be weird if management sent me a kiss. I popped my thoughts bubble and looked over at Anna.

"Babe, will you be fine with questions relating to our parents?"

She shook her head. I don't blame her, honestly. It was still as fresh in my mind as I bet it is in hers. I fished my phone out once again, feeling a fool for having rearranged it before consoling Anna.

Scrap that, Anna doesn't want it. See u at the studio in two hours. Going live in five hours. MGMT

They didn't reply, but I'm guessing they read it anyway. I fetched the packed bag from the sofa and headed towards the door, Anna following me. She took the bag from her grasp and wandered under my arm, which was keeping the door open, and into the car.

My management team keep my outfits with them but Anna has to bring her own, so I bought her a new outfit a few days ago and I've agreed with my management to have her makeup done and her hair to make her feel beautiful. I think she needs the confidence boost after her classmates knocked it down a few pegs.

I parked up in the parking lot behind the studio and helped Anna out of the car with her packed bag. I was greeted by Max and he led me and Anna through the doors and into my dressing room for the appearance. Anna's face lit up. After all, this is the first time I've taken her with me but she has to get used to it as, until I feel comfortable leaving her with my management team, she's coming with me. Max shut the door of the dressing room and left me and Anna.

"Wow, this is amazing!" Anna squealed, filing through the clothing rails and admiring the room.

It wasn't anything special, though. There were three clothing rails lined up in one corner, a mirror and two chairs in another corner and a sofa with a table, filled with food and drink, in the other corner. The only corner left had the door and the space elsewhere was empty, except for a few rugs on the floor.  

I laughed at Anna and pointed to one of the chairs. "Sit there and get ready, makeup and hair are on their way."

She widened her eyes and pounced on one of the chairs just as the makeup artists and hair stylists knocked on the door.

"Come in!" I hollered at the door and they piled in, armed with their beauty products and the alike.

I sat on the chair beside Anna and she beamed at herself in the mirror, managing to sit still whilst her hair stylist and makeup artist tended to her.

"Keep the makeup natural, please," I looked at the makeup artist in the mirror, having my own makeup artist and a hair stylist fussing over me.