Chapter Twenty-One

DEMI'S POV

I threw the last of the suitcases into the back of my car and slammed the boot.

"Right, everything is pac- Anna? Anna!"

I frowned at Anna's lack of presence and yelled towards the front door.

"Come on, baby girl! We have to hit the road! The-"

Anna peered her head around the front door and beelined for the passenger seat of the car.

"Good, good. The flight is in three hours, let's get going then."

I locked the front door of the house and climbed into the car, starting the engine in a hurry. The car rolled out of the driveway and I began the short journey to the nearest airport. I watched Anna search frantically through the CD collection that sat in the door pocket.

"Demi! Where's your new one?"

"My new one?"

"The one with Nightingale on it. Where is it?"

I balanced the steering wheel with one hand and fanned through the CD collection in Anna's hands with the other. I tugged the CD out from the collection and held it out in front of Anna.

"There. You wanna play it?"

She nodded her head and pushed the CD in the player. It's weird how she's so into playing my music in the car all the time, real weird. Not used to hearing my own voice blast through my car just yet.

The drive to the airport wasn't very long, just under an hour, and we were parked in our own VIP space in no time. That's kinda cool, having my own space. I use this airport so God damn much that they've gone ahead and permanently reserved me the sweetest space in the parking lot. I turned off the engine and opened my door. 

"Let's hurry up and get inside, Anna."

Max opened the door of his car, parked beside us, and helped the staff load all of our suitcases onto the luggage cart. Max stacked the last suitcase on the cart and glanced at me.

"I've got this Demi, you just get Anna inside and into the VIP room. The flight leaves in two hours."

I smiled at Max and took Anna's hand, throwing him the car keys and then rushing through the entrance. By now, Anna's learned to ignore all the fussing paparazzi that swarms us when we take appear in public and it's like they're never there. But today not many were. Only a few cameras were lined up by the entrance and they weren't a loud bunch. Then again, it is early. Early morning flights are the best kind of flight when you're in the public eye - nobody wants to stay outside late at night to snap pictures. Really.

I kept my grip on Anna's hand and led her through the numerous gates and checks before we ended up in the VIP room. Max followed shortly after with a few of the airport staff, armed with plates of food and drink. "Thanks," I forced a tired smile for the helpful staff and watched them scarper out of the room. I helped myself to a plate of vegetables and hummus and then looked at Anna. "You can help yourself."

Her face lit up and she delved into the numerous fruit, vegetables and light snacks that littered the two trays. 

"Don't overdo it though, I'm sure Nick will feed us when we reach his around lunchtime. There's stuff on the plane too, but it's only a four hour flight."

Anna nodded her head and stopped herself from piling up her plate anymore. I smiled and helped myself to a bottle of water from the selection, and Anna copied me.