↠ O N E : The News

Bilbo had the Ring

Bilbo had the Ring. The Ring.

Why hadn't he told me?

I stared at Gandalfs letter in disbelieve. It cannot be true, can it?

I sighed and put the letter in my tunic. Either way, Gandalf needed my help and his message sounded urgent. Oh, I knew whom he was talking about. There weren't a lot of things that truly worried him.

The Nazgûl.

I grabbed a bag and started packing, not wanting to let Frodo face any of them alone. I gasped all of my weapons on me and took the bag before leaving my room.

I'll leave Thrain in charge, it'll be good for him. I can ask Dain to keep an eye out.

I hurried towards Thrain's room and knocked. I didn't wait for him to open his door and knocked on Lúthien's door. When the two of them opened their door, I gestured them to follow me.

"What's wrong Amad?" Lúthien asked worried.

I turned to my children. "Lúthien, I want you to get your uncles and Carden and bring them to the dining room. I'll answer all of your question there."

She nodded curtly and hurried off.

I turned to Thrain. "Walk with me."

We walked through the halls towards the dining room. "I'll be leaving, Thrain, Gandalf needs my help. I'll leave Erebor in your hands."

Thrain stopped abruptly. "But why?"

"I explain everything later, now, get Dain and bring him to the dining room, say that it's urgent."

He nodded and took off.

I entered the dining room and took a map. I spread it out over the table.

The Hobbits live in the Shire, Gandalf said to meet him in Bree.

I traced the path that they probably took with my finger.

He'd go to Weather Top then, to finally arrive in Rivendell.

My finger stopped at Rivendell when the door opened. I looked up and the company stumbled in.

"Oi lass, what's the matter?" Bofur asked.

"I'll explain everything in a moment, please, have a seat," I replied. "We are just waiting for Daylor, Faelar, Carden and Dain."

Lúthien came in not much later and Thrain followed pursuit.

"Now that everyone's here, I can start," I began, pulling out the letter Gandalf had send. "A letter from Gandalf arrived this morning. He says that Bilbo found the One Ring on our Journey, sixty years ago."

The dwarves started whispering to each other and I sighed. "Guys!"

They stopped and I continued. "Bilbo's nephew has it now and he's being hunted by the Nazgûl."