↠ T W E N T Y - S E V E N : Minas Tirith

Keira followed Éomer towards the stables

Keira followed Éomer towards the stables. He leaded her towards the back and opened the door of the stable of a black mare. Keira approached her and petted her head. The hair felt soft under her hand.

"Hello, dear," she murmured.

"She's faster than she looks and more stubborn, too. But I guess that makes her so special," Éomer said, taking a saddle and putting it onto Fastfeet.

In the stable beside her, Gandalf put Pippin on the back of Shadowfax.

"How far is Minas Thirith?" Pippin asked.

"Three days ride as the Nazgûl flies," Gandalf replied. "And you'd better hope we don't have one of those on our tail."

"Here, something for the road," Merry said, handing Pippin a leather pouch.

"The last of the Longbottom Leaf?"

Keira didn't hear his reply as she guided Fastfeet out of the stables. Outside, Carden, Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli were already waiting for her.

"Carden, you know what to do?" Keira asked the Hippogriff, as she mounted the mare.

Carden nodded. "I'll be back before you know it."

Keira gave him a nod. "I'll be waiting for you."

"Be careful," Aragorn said, stepping forward and placing a hand on her leg.

"I will," Keira said, putting her hand on top of his. "We'll get through this, Aragorn." I hope.

The dark haired ranger smiled at her but Keira could tell he'd rather accompany her.

Shadowfax came running out of the stables and with a last glance at her friends, Keira urged Fastfeet after them.

They rode for three days, only stopping when Fastfeet needed rest. The black mare was a tough one, that was for sure. If it wasn't for Keira deciding she needed rest, she would've run until her legs fell off.

"We have just passed into the realm of Gondor," Gandalf told them on the third day.

They galloped you a hill and looked down at the great white city. It hadn't changed a bit since Keira's last visit.

"Minas Tirith," Gandalf said. "City of Kings."

Keira urged Fastfeet after Shadowfax into the city. Most people stopped what they were doing to watch them pass by. They galloped through the city until they reached the topmost level. Gandalf halted Shadowfax in front of a huge white hall. Keira dismounted and followed the White Wizard towards the door, passing a great white tree.

"It's the tree! Gandalf, Gandalf!" Pippin exclaimed, his eyes widening upon seeing it.

"Yes, the white tree of Gondor," Gandalf said. "The tree of the King. Lord Denethor, however, is not the King. He is a steward only, a caretaker of the throne."