↠ T W E N T Y - N I N E : fall of Osgiliath

Keira looked at the mithril and the armor that laid on her bed

Keira looked at the mithril and the armor that laid on her bed. The Arkenstone sigil stood proudly on the chest plate. Although Keira hated the stone, it had corrupted Thorin and his grandfather before him, it was still the sigil of Erebor. On top of it, however, she had made them imprint the Strongbow sigil to make it more personal.

With a sigh, she pulled her tunic out and slipped the mithril on. The metal felt cold against her skin. She pulled her tunic back on before taking her belt and adjusting it around her waist. She took her leather boots and stuffed her pants in them before she tied them up. She then took her armor and slid it over her shoulder. It was light and perfectly made for her. She had let it made a couple of years ago, having felt the darkness spreading over the land.

Keira turned around, taking her weapons from the table. Two swords, hers on her belt and Thorin's on her back, Pippin's sword on her belt, her father's dagger on her belt, too, and the other knifes strapped to both her upper legs and lower arms. At last, she took the bow and quiver, adjusting it onto her back next to the sword.

The redhead then proceeded to braid her hair tightly, not wanting to risk the chance that it would bother her in the battle to come. She safely adjusted the three beads in her hair, not wanting to lose them, before looking at her image in the mirror. A warrior ready for battle. On her way out of her chambers, she grabbed the pair of bracers she got from Haldir and put them on.

Keira found Gandalf and Pippin at the top level of the city. The two of them had their eyes fixed on Osgiliath.

"What's the news?" Keira asked, standing next to them.

"Nothing," Gandalf replied.

"Well, nothing is good news, at least that's what they tell me," Pippin said.

"Osgiliath is under attack!" Carden's voice exclaimed in my head. "They've brought three fellbeasts."

"Gandalf," Keira said, turning to the wizard, "Carden tells me Ogiliath is under attack and they've brought fellbeasts."

Gandalf cursed under his breath before turning around and dashing towards the stables.

"Come Peregrin Took!"

"Come and get me, Carden," Keira ordered.

Carden landed in front of her and she climbed onto his back.

"Let's give these things something they won't forget any time soon," Keira told him as they took off. "I do hope you have sharpened your claws."

KEIRA

Carden flew towards the retreating soldiers, who were being plagued by the fellbeasts. I grabbed my bow and notched an arrow.

"Try to fly as close as possible, maybe I can hit it in the eyes."