↠ F I V E : The Council

Days had passed since that strange moment, Aragorn and I were back to being normal to each other and Carden had arrived with a letter

Dear Amad,

We are all happy to hear that you arrived well in Rivendell.

Saruman's change of loyalty doesn't really surprise me, I never liked that wizard in the first place, it's just very unfortunately.

I have send Gloin and Gimli on their way, they would arrive soon.

Everything goes well here, we're all thinking of you.

Stay safe as well, Amad.

All my love,
Thrain

I looked up from my letter when I heard rumors outside. I walked to my balcony to see some familiar dwarves arriving. My eyes lit up and I stormed out of my chambers.

I ran outside. "Gloin! Gimli!"

The two dwarves looked up and Gimli bowed while Gloin smiled.

"Lass!"

I gave each of them a big hug. "How was the journey?"

"Quite good," Gloin replied, "we've gotten no troubles."

I nodded. "That's a relief to hear."

I gestured inside. "Get yourself settled for later this day, the council will being hold."

They nodded and walked inside just as the Elves from Mirkwood arrived.

I looked up as Aragorn stood beside me, the both of us watching the incoming Elves.

Legolas, who was part of the group, dismounted his horse and walked over to Aragorn. The two of them greeted each other before he walked over to me.

He bowed. "Queen Keira."

I bowed back. "Prince Legolas."

We looked at each other before smiling and clasping our hands together.

"Haven't seen you in 60 years," I told him. "Where in Durin's name have you been?"

"Everywhere and nowhere," he replied, rather sad.

I placed my hand on her shoulder.

"I miss her too," I whispered.

He smiled sadly down at me before nodding and going inside.

Aragorn had watched our whole greeting, frowning. "I didn't know you knew each other that well."

I shrugged. "War changes people. We fought together. He, Tauriel and I."

He nodded and our eyes fell on the men of Gondor who arrived next. I glanced at Aragorn, trying to make out what he thinks of the men but he was frowning like he was in deep thoughts.