↠ T W E N T Y - T H R E E : Death

Keira was discussing the last tactics with Carden and Dwalin, when Aragorn approached them

"It is time," he said and Keira nodded.

"I'll position the others," Dwalin said, taking his axes. "We'll be waiting for your command."

Keira nodded. "I'll be there."

With a last nod, Dwalin left them. Keira turned to Carden.

"I'll be keeping an eye out from the sky and I'll do what I can," he told her, pushing his beak into her hand. "Be careful, Keira, I don't want to lose you."

"You won't," Keira softly replied, hugging him tightly before stepping back and letting him take off.

Aragon took her hand gently and gave it a small squeeze, making her turn around and look at him.

"We will be alright," he told her quietly, pulling her into him.

Keira buried her head into his shoulder. She was happy to finally have someone like this again. Someone she knew who was always going to defend her, to care for her, to love her.

Let's just hope they live through the night.

When Keira and Aragorn came to their positions, everyone was already there. The redhead could hear Gimli complaining to Legolas and she couldn't help but to smile.

"You could have picked a better spot," the dwarf grumbled.

Legolas smirked as Aragorn and Keira stood next to them.

"Well lad, whatever luck you live by, let's hope it lasts the night," he continued.

"Your friends are with you, Aragorn," Legolas said.

Keira squeezed his hand and gave him a warm smile.

"Let's hope they last the night," Gimli added.

Everyone stood at their positions. Both Aragorn and Keira were shouting commands. The former in Elvish, the latter in Dwarvish.

"Show them no mercy for you shall receive none!" She yelled, hearing Aragon repeat her sentence in Elvish.

The Uruk-Hai leader raised his swords, making the army stop it its tracks.

"What's happening out there?" Gimli asked, jumping up and down.

"Shall I describe it to you?" Legolas began, looking down at him. "Or would you like me to find you a box?"

"Prepare to fire!" Keira yelled, taking her bow and notching an arrow. She could see her dwarves doing the same. Although they weren't as good as the elves, no one would be as good as the elves, it was better than nothing. "Their armor is weak at the neck and beneath the arms!"