↠ T H R E E : Arriving In Rivendell

No one really got enough sleep that night, instead Merry and Pippin started to ask questions

No one really got enough sleep that night, instead Merry and Pippin started to ask questions. A lot of questions.

"Why are you wearing a scarf? It isn't that cold."

"Pippin! You can't just ask people why they are wearing a scarf!"

"I'm not asking people, I'm asking her, Merry."

The both of them looked up at me in curiosity, waiting for a reply. I just shrugged. "I didn't want to scare you away."

It's true, most of the people, except for the dwarves, were scared to approach me because of the scar. That's why I had decided a couple years ago to wear a scarf every time I was outside of Erebor.

They seemed to be satisfied for now and turned towards the troll's.

"Are they the troll's from Bilbo's story?" Merry asked.

I hummed. "Yes."

Merry's eyes fell on the troll on the ground. "What happened to him?"

"I killed him," I replied.

Merry, Pippin and even Sam's heads snapped up. I could see Aragorn glancing at me from his spot on the other side of the camp.

"You what?" Sam asked.

"I'll admit, I got some help from Dwalin to get on the troll in the first place," I said proudly, "but it was me who killed him."

Merry and Pippin walked closer to the troll's and my eyes fell on Sam who was sitting on a fallen three, his face rather worried.

I sat down next to him. "You are worrying about Frodo," I guessed, which wasn't that hard.

"Yes," He murmured.

I placed my hand on his shoulder. "I have known Arwen for years now, almost decades, he is safe with her."

Sam frowned. "You have known her for decades?" His eyes scanned me up and down. "But you can't possibly be older than 29!"

I grinned. "Shall I tell you a secret?" Sam nodded eagerly. "I'm 92 years old."

Sam paled. "But, how?"

I stood back up. "That's a story for another day, for now, we should try to rest. We leave for Rivendell in the morning."

3RD PERSON

"I'll take first watch," Keira suggested.

Aragorn's eyes followed her until she sat on a giant rock that had been broken in two. He sighed, he hadn't seen the red haired woman in quite some time and he had to admit, he had missed her.

She was different from when he last saw her. It was not only the scarf that hid half of her face, her eyes were different too. Once, her grey ones were filled with loss and pain, but now he could see that she had found peace. The thought that his friend had found peace after all these years had brought him peace as well.