↠ T H I R T Y - T W O : Aftermath

KEIRA

KEIRA

With the help of the green ghosts, the battle was over soon. I stood on the Pelennor Fields, surrounded by thousands and thousands of bodies. I knew I had wounds all over my body, I could clearly feel them, and I grimaced.

"Are you all right?" Daylor asked, as he and Faelar approached me. Thrain and Lúthien were standing with Carden and the dwarves.

"Yeah, just tired and I don't think there's any part of my body that's not hurting," I replied. "Those green ghosts came just on time."

"And it seems that they brought friends," Faelar said, his green eyes gazing over my left shoulder. I turned around and smiled upon seeing Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli. None of them seemed as if they had been actually fighting though.

"Haven't lifted a finger, did you?" I asked, making them turn around.

Gimli laughed, Legolas looked somewhat guilty while Aragorn looked relieved.

I walked into the latter's open arms and hugged him tightly.

"I was so worried about you," he whispered. "When I didn't see you I thought —"

"I'm here," I said, pulling back. "And I'm not going anywhere."

Aragorn smiled and placed his forehead against mine.

"That's good to know."

For a moment, I let myself relax as we leaned against each other, forgetting the world around us.

"I've missed you," Aragorn whispered, closing his eyes.

"I've missed you, too," I whispered back.

"Noooo!" a voice exclaimed, making us snap out of our moment.

I turned around and saw Éomer running towards a blond haired figure that laid on the ground.

"Éowyn," I breathed, running towards the duo.

However, I stopped in my tracks upon seeing Théoden's body. Aragorn passed me and he kneeled next to Éomer.

"Théoden," I whispered, kneeling down beside him. His blue eyes were staring lifelessly at the sky above them.

I bowed my head, murmured a quick prayer, before closing his eyes.

"Thank you for coming, my friend."

"We need to bring her to the Houses of Healing," Aragorn said, making me look up at them.

Éomer picked his sister up and followed the Dunédain towards the city.

"Are you all right?" Thrain asked, standing beside me.

"I'm fine," I sighed, looking back down at Théoden. "We should get him out of here. This is not a place for a king."

"Don't worry," Daylor said, as he and Faelar made their way to us. "We'll take care of it."