↠ T W E L V E : Haldir

The orcs were dragging her further and further and Keira doubted that she could escape

I should have stayed with Radagast, she thought. But no, I had to go and have an adventure of my own. Maybe this one will get me killed.

They were nearing the Lothlorien forest, the fifteen year old girl knew. The orcs ran slower and were more cautious.

Maybe I will get saved by Elves this time.

As the orcs approached the edge of the forest, Keira knew that some of them had their doubts to enter it but their superiors ordered them to go in.

"They say a great sorceress lives here," Keira said loudly. "An elf witch of terrible power. All who look upon her, fall under her spell."

"Shut your mouth!" One of the leaders said, punching her in the face. Keira fell on the ground, holding her bleeding nose. She grinned at the leader. "What? Afraid that you're subjects will believe a girl more than their leader?"

The orc took his sword and just as he was about to give her the death blow, he got an arrow through his neck.

Keira didn't wait for the orc to fall but picked his fallen sword up and beheaded it.

A little certainty couldn't hurt, right?

Keira looked around her, eying the blond haired elves that had attacked the group of orcs.

If she ran fast enough, she could make it to the edge of the forest while the elves would kill the orcs. She could be free again.

Keira considered her options as the fight reared up around her, once in a while finishing an orc off. She had decided to run when she saw one of the elves fighting off five orcs at the same time. The red haired girl saw he was hurt and she couldn't help it but to save him.

Sighing, she ran into the other direction she had hoped for and sliced through the orcs, trying to make her way towards the blond haired elf.

This better be worth it, she thought as she drove her sword into the stomach of the orc that was trying to sneak up to the elf.

The elf turned around, his sword ready to strike, but he frowned when he didn't see the orc he expected to see. Instead, a red haired girl stared up at him, black blood dropping from her blade. She gave him a nod before throwing herself back into the battle.

It was over soon and Keira leaned on the sword as she breathed deeply in and out. Cuts were covering her body and she expected to have a black eye. However, she didn't expect to have a dozen of arrows pointed at her.