↠ T W E N T Y - T W O : Alive

Keira urged the horse into Helm's Deep while trying to hold the soldier onto the horse as she followed Théoden through the crowd

"Make way for Théoden!" Gamling exclaimed. "Make way for the king!"

Éowyn rushed down to meet them. "So few. So few of you have returned."

"Our people are safe," Théoden said, dismounting. "We have paid for it with many lives."

"Lord Aragorn, where is he?" Éowyn asked, searching the crowd with her blue eyes.

Keira exchanged a glance with Legolas and Gimli before dismounting and helping the soldier down. She laid his arm around her neck and dragged him off to a place where she could take care of his wounds. The redhead didn't want to tell Éowyn what had happened, afraid she wouldn't bare to hold it together.

"Here you go," she told the soldier, carefully putting him down, before examining him closely. "What's your name?"

"Héomund, my lady," he said, clutching onto his side. His dark eyes had a pained expression as he glanced at the woman who kneeled down in front of him, the vest of an eleven sword sticking out over her shoulder.

"Let's have a look at that," Keira said, carefully talking his hand from his wound. Fortunately, the wound wasn't too deep and Keira grabbed some herbs from her bag before crushing them and placing them on the wound. Héomund hissed but didn't dare to move as Keira started to murmur things in Elvish. His wound stopped aching and Keira covered it with some leaves she carried.

"These leaves are rather sticky so don't pull them off," Keira warned him, packing her things and putting them in her bag again.

"Thank you, my lady," Héomund told her, his eyes more bright now.

"You're welcome," Keira said, smiling slightly, before they were interrupted by Gimli.

"He's back, Lass, Aragorn's back!"

"He's alive!" Was the first thing Aragorn heard as he rode into Helm's Deep. He dismounted as a certain dwarf pushed his way through the crowd.

"Where is he? Get out of the way. I'm gonna kill him!" Gimli burst through the crowd and looked at the ranger. "You're the luckiest, the canniest and the most reckless man I ever knew!" He hugged Aragorn. "Bless you, Laddie!"

"Gimli, where is the king?" Aragorn asked. Although he would rather see Keira, he had no choice but to inform Théoden of the nearing army.

The dwarf gestured to the hall and as Aragorn made his way in, he ran into Legolas who stood waiting.

"Le ab-dollen (you're late),"  Legolas spoke up and they smiled. "You look terrible."