↠ N I N E : Snow

As the ten of us stumbled through the snow, I walked beside Merry and Pippin, trying to prevent them to fall

"Ugh!" I heard Frodo scream and I turned back only to see Frodo losing his footing and rolling down the slope towards Aragorn.

"Frodo!" Aragorn and I yelled.

Aragorn helped him to his feet. "Are you alright?"

Frodo searched frantically for his ring but couldn't find it. All of us looked around, trying to find it, and it was Boromir who found it first. He picked it up and for a moment he was enchanted by it.

"Boromir," Aragorn said with a warning tone.

"It's a strange fate," Boromir began, ignoring Aragorn, "we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small thing . . . such a little thing."

"Boromir!" Aragorn repeated, his hand on his sword. "Give the Ring back to Frodo!"

Boromir handed the Ring back to Frodo. "As you wish, I care not."

Frodo grabbed the Ring from him and Boromir jokingly tousled Frodo's hair before walking further.

I exchanged a glance with Aragorn before walking over towards Boromir.

"Tell me, Boromir," I began, trying to start a conversation, "is the White City just as beautiful as I remember?"

He looked down at me, his eyes rather proud. "You've been to Gondor?"

I smiled. "Aye, a long time ago."

For the next half hour, Boromir told me all of Minas Tirith. I could say he was very proud of his city. His expression suddenly saddened when he began over his brother, Faramir.

"My father never loved Faramir the way he loved me," he confessed. "I hope he isn't scolding him right now. Faramir is a good guy."

It was the way he talked about his brother, that let me know the he loved him.

"I suggested father to let Faramir come to the Council, he is after all the more diplomatic one of the two of us, but father wouldn't hear the end of it. I had to go to Rivendell or no one at all."

He hung his shoulders. "I miss him," he quietly confessed.

"It's going to be alright," I told him. "I miss my children too but I know I'll see them again."

His head snapped up and eyed me carefully. "You've got children?"

My lips curled upwards and I took the drawing I had of them to show it to him.

His eyes softened when he saw it and he couldn't contain a smile.

"They are wonderful," he said while handing the drawing back.

"I know," I joked. "I made them."

He rolled his eyes. "I just hope they haven't got your personality."