Mystery X Reader

He loosely tangled his legs in mine, his hands grabbed me closer by the waist. Cold drops trickled down his foggy eyeglasses, the water caused them to occasionally slip off. I inhaled the scent of chlorine, it stained our drenched clothes. I rested my head on his chest, my wet hair stuck to his soggy collar shirt. The breeze made up for the silent moment, it brushed softly through the palm trees just outside the pool's gate.

"We should do this more often." Mystery's voice gently spoke, while I smiled in quiet response.

"You think so?" I felt the pool's delicate current flow through my legs. Mystery's rich eyes remained on the pink sky, the clouds resembling fluffy candy floss.

"Most definitely, my dear." He pronounced his words so genuinely as he lightly placed his chin on my head. A gust of wind blew past us, provoking the currents to become unsteady and ambitious. I felt Mystery's shoulders shiver jaggedly as his grip pulled me closer, I assumed it was his attempt to create some sort of warmth.

"Are you cold?" I asked as I chuckled mildly, my eyelids still closed. He only scoffed playfully.

"No." I wriggled my frame out from his grasp, his expression appeared a bit offended and confused. "What the heck are you doing?" My arms reeled through the waved waters, as my bare feet hopped almost weightlessly on the white stone. My actions repeated until I tiptoed to the other side of the pool. I then waved my hand, signaling Mystery to come to my area.

"Come on! Start moving, you'll get warm!" I shouted, my features wore a spontaneous expression. I heard him groan faintly, but he soon mirrored my actions and rested his position in front of me.

"Now what?" He sounded the slightest bit frustrated, yet I was too determined at the moment to let it bother me. I smiled and released a chuckle as I cupped my hand into the water and rose it quickly to splash Mystery's furred face. He laughed with eyes tightly closed and quickly raised his arms in playful defense. "Okay, I see how it is." A small chuckle escaped his lips as he traced them into a smirk. I continued to splash at Mystery while he started to do the same, and I now realize, we may have looked like idiots, but I didn't mind honestly. I hadn't felt like this in a long while, and I imagined neither had Mystery.

"What? Is that all you got?" I scooped more water towards his direction. After a few moments passed of childlike play, I noticed Mystery was surprisingly getting into it a bit more than I was, as he was slowly regaining our site to the deep side of the pool once again. "Hey! Put me down!" I laughed wholeheartedly as Mystery ladled me onto his shoulder, holding my legs in place, preventing me from escaping. "Take it easy!" My hands pounded on his back in persistent pace, while my legs tried squirming from his grip. He laughed graciously as he immersed my body in the ambitious water, my hand reached for his arm and pulled him in along with me, the last sound above the waters was our anxious yelps. I quickly opened my eyes, the water lightly hugging my body, I saw Mystery's eyes shut, he was smiling, stifling a few small laughs under water. Our bodies rose above the pool's currents, now coughing and laughing while trying to catch our breath. "You're so stupid, Mystery!" I yell playfully, my laughing shushing down to a chuckle.

"Stupid? You dragged me down with you!" Mystery said smiling, attempting to wipe the water from his eyes. I noticed he lost his eyeglasses during the fall and spotted them near his waist, his wet clothes configuring to his thin frame. I bit my lip slightly, stretching my arm to grab his rimless eyewear. I tilted my head downwards, carefully adjusting them with my prune-like fingers.

"Here," I delicately placed his foggy glasses on the bridge of his nose, slyly avoiding eye contact, the closed space between us made me a bit flustered. Mystery lightly gripped my wrist while his other hand held my hand, kept in warmth under water.

"Thank you, my sweet." He returned a small smile to my embarrassed

expression. His warm breath moistened the tip of my nose due to our height difference. "Look at me." Mystery almost commanded, he clutched my hand tightly as if I was going to leave him. But I stood there, looking into his eyes, his eyeglasses trickling with water once again. He must've expected me to look away at any moment, or to shy away. Mystery's eyebrows furrowed into a soft expression as he bent forward, carefully resting his forehead on mine. Our eyes now peacefully closed. "Stay," He pleaded quietly. I debated with myself whether I should directly comfort him, or just leave the moment as it is. The area became still except for the sounds of the palm trees, the wind against the pool water, and Mystery's saturated fur dripping. My lips inched closer to his as I felt him press his figure close to mine. His fur was soaked and heavy, smelling like strong chlorine. I found it oddly satisfying. He grazed his soft tongue along my bottom lip, my mouth slowly absorbed his warm saliva as a bashful smile crept upon my face. He parted his head an inch away as a smirk was perfectly matched with his other features- relaxed eyebrows and half-lidded eyes. He released a breathy chuckle, a response to my response tinted cheeks and ears. Mystery's hand rubbed my back gently while his face came close, finally pressing his lips against mine, they somehow fit ideally. His hands raised to the back of my neck and his fingers tangled in my hair while our lips maneuvered in contact. My laugh muffled between our lips as Mystery carried me from my upper legs, locking my body onto his. My wrinkled fingers raked through Mystery's long wet magenta hair as I could feel his lips kissing mine a bit more energetic each time. I loved it, I couldn't think of a better place to be. I felt the small stretch of his smirk on my mouth, his movements became a bit indecisive from each spark of energy within the moment's interest. He enthusiastically leaned my body towards the water, our frames staggering from his unsteady structure.

"Mystery, we're still in the water!" I chortled in quick amusement as I broke the contact between us.

"Hot dammit!" And once again our bodies immersed in the ambitious waters with the last sound above the surface being our anxious yelps.

----

A/N: I hate this. I actually do, please delete this. I felt so weird writing this kiss scene, uuuggghhhh. I think this is my shortest one-shot, so, yeah, sorry. I wrote under the pressure that I had to update this week. Help me. I hope you enjoyed... I didn't. LOL.

Also, I'm trying to write a Kao X Reader, but I'm having a bit struggles trying to developing a concept, so, I'm open to suggestions.