Mystery X Reader X Alfred

Requested by: ShyJacques
----
Paperwork, waking from here to there, and almost everything in between. Almost everything. Things I can't seem to take anymore.
Well, actually, it's things I can't seem to decline anymore. Things almost irresistible. I hate it when I think this way. I'm happy, and it should stay that way without any interference. I have a boyfriend, dammit.
And, yes, I've already told him this one too many times. So far, he hasn't taken a hint. But some days I think, what if I was actually content with it that way?
Now that my reality is clear in minor detail, I attempt to declutter my thoughts and get back to work. My shift is almost over, and if I can get through the last hour, I can return home without a guilty conscience.
The printer's inconsistent rhythm fills the room with some noise, while my eyes blankly stare at each printed page lying atop another by every four seconds.
His arms wrap smoothly around my waist, causing me to suddenly lose my breath and take a few steps back.
"I told you not to do that!" My eyes narrow slightly, yet with my face already so warm, it's evident he's not taking me seriously.
He continued to chuckle, tucking his hands in the pocket of his coat. "I was only poking fun, (Name), you know that."
"Doesn't change the fact that I continuously say no." The printer's done, and I gather my papers, careful not to crumple them in case copies are needed.
"Then what about the fact that when it gets deep..." He's already pulled me close by my coat, our faces inches away. Gosh, I feel his hot breath melting on my lips, nearly trembling. "...You can barely say a word." He moves closer, our noses pass each other, our lips barely there. Then my breath lets out a shudder. "There you go. What a good girl." His tongue teases my lips, licking them shortly while leaving the scent of his breath on me. Before he makes distance between us, he leans to my ear and whispers one last thing: "Get back to work, doll. We'll finish tomorrow if you'd like." And then he leaves. And I try to get back to work.
I can't help but think I practically murdered my relationship with Alfred. This- what I'm doing- would be considered cheating. I assumed from the beginning that I had this under control. A few months ago, I told Alfred some guy occasionally flirted with me, but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle. Although, the concept left him unsettled, he trusted me and my word. Now I think he's made a mistake. I'm so disgusted, not even I can trust myself.

My keys jingle as I lock the door behind me. I'm in the apartment Alfred and I share, but for an odd reason, it feels empty and undoubtedly cold. I check my watch, it's around nine-thirty at night.
"Al! You home?"
"I'm cleaning the kitchen!"
"Oh." I quietly replied.
It wasn't unusual for Alfred to clean, he did it so often, I considered it a hobby. It was unusual for Alfred to be cleaning at this time. The house would've already been done by this hour, I know he would've made sure.
I begin taking my flats off by the heel, leaving them by the door. I then entered the kitchen, it smelled like freshly applied cleaning solution. I hugged Alfred from behind and rested my head on his back, quickly inhaling his scent.
"Hey." I mumbled, planting a soft peck on his neck.
"Hey." His body loosened once he spoke. "How was work?" A heavy sigh escaped as I began to put the coaching supplies in their cabinet, attempting to distract my mind from the event at work. "The usual, I guess." All I had to was stay calm and act accordingly. Unfortunately, I've had experience from the previous times.
"Hmm." A moment of silence shortly rested. "Are you hungry? I got groceries." As his hand motioned to fridge, I notice it clean of fingerprints.
"No, it's okay. I ate dinner at the hospital."
"Alright, then."
By ten o'clock, I was lying in bed, sheets over my body while Alfred ruffled his hair with a towel, still dripping with cold water.
"Do you have night shift tomorrow?" He hung the towel, turned off the light, and slipped his body through the bedsheets.
"I think so."
He pulled my body close from behind and sighed heavily with something weighing down on his shoulders. It was so clear by the way he held me. I turned around to face him, his arms still around me.
"What's wrong?"
"I miss you." Alfred lied there, his tone was mumbled under his breath.
"Me too." My body scooted, and I kissed him softly and shortly, feeling the peek of his tongue against my lips. His muscles become flexible in mine as I press my mouth on his, our eyes now peacefully closed. As his tongue grazes in my mouth, I taste his breath warm and heavy, following his body on top of mine, his hands tracing the curve of my waist.
I break suddenly and hide my lips behind my hand, chuckling what's mostly foggy breath.
"Did I-"
"No, no. You're just..." Smiling gently, I kissed him again and flickered my tongue across his. My face grew red and warm as I created distance. "...spontaneous."

And the next morning, I went to work with a burden off my shoulders, kissed Alfred a ton and felt much lighter than the day before.
"(Name) (Last Name), please come to the Dr. Burns' office."
I picked the phone up and replied:
"I'll be right there." I began to lightly organize my folders and papers, then made my way a few halls down to his office.
Then I knocked softly.
"Come in."
So I did, only making two steps inside before closing the door. He was sitting behind his empty desk, and it intimidated me for an odd reason. He motioned towards the chair in front of his desk, but I shook my head gently and declined. Then he stood up and began walking in my direction. He leaned slightly.
"How did you sleep?" His voice attained a nice rasp as he whispered.
"Did you need something, Dr. Burns?" My vision remained straight, even while I shivered the slightest.
"Yes, indeed." His heavy breath moistened at the skin of my neck, causing my shoulders to loosen, something I hadn't intended. "I believe you requested an appointment." As he raked his fingers through my hair, I closed my eyes lightly and found my lips curving.
I could've pushed away, excused myself, something along those lines, but I didn't. There was a string tied to my limbs and voice in my head telling me to stay, to enjoy myself. For a few minutes, I did. He kissed my neck, and I just smiled while tugging gently at his hair. Then I kissed him back, flickering my tongue across his, chuckling as he licked my lips. I was smiling. And for a moment, I forgot all about my shift, muting my responsibilities completely.
A trail of his warm saliva was run along the curve of my ear by his tongue, and he said to me:
"Your poor mutt won't even have to know." He wiped a fresh tear rolling down my cheek, one I didn't even know was there, and smirked slightly. "He'll be fine."
----
A/N: EEEEHHHH. I'm trying to less cringy, and it's obviously not working. This was WAY more suggestive than usual, but, what the heck.
Thanks a ton for 4K reads, that's amazing! I've been getting to know a lot of my followers better, and you guys are the sweetest! Don't be shy to request or just say hello.
BYE!