Mystery X Hanahaki!Reader

Requested by: bionicfrisk
-
An itch filled my throat, making me cough with a harsh rasp following.
Petals. I held them in my cupped palms before tossing them into the waste bucket, crumpling un-used paper towels on top of them. No one should have to see that.
As I'm washing my hands from the thick blood sputtered on my fingers, a series of soft knocks is heard on the other side of the door.
"Are you done yet? You're starting to get me worried out here."
"Yeah, I'll be out in a second!" I forced a chirped response through my lips and washed my face hastily. Then I went out.
"There you are." He reached for my arm and patted my hand gently. "Dear, you look amazing."
"Thank you." I chuckled sheepishly, feeling my face grow warm as I found my fingers entwining with his.
He looked at our hands suddenly, his expression seeming blank.
"Umm." I jerked and slid my arms behind my back while my body swayed awkwardly. "Should we go now?"
"Yes, of course."
I could've considered myself lucky, I guess. Mystery hates physical contact, most particularly when it's without his permission. I've seen him like that before with other people, but little to none when we're together.
Perhaps, I'm making too big of a deal about it. In the end, he still doesn't feel the same as I do.
Now that we were here, the air smelled so light with scent you usually get from public pools. Chlorine, I think it was. It around late evening already. I supposed neither of us really wanted to interact with other people, which was perfectly fine with me.
"Who's gonna go first?" I asked enthusiasticly, barely standing less than a foot away from the rim of the pool.
"(Name)?" I turned around to face him, but I assumed he was already on the other side of me. These were the little games I dealt with daily, and I didn't mind it at all.
"You know I love you, right?"
"Umm."
"I do."
It was then I should've expected what he was doing. He pushed me forward, my body lunging into the cold pool as I released short giggles underwater before coming back up.
"I bet you liked that, huh?" Although, his smirk made my cheeks red, I continued to laugh and push my wet and heavy hair back.
"Alright, that was good." I held onto the rim I was standing on before, and extended my other hand.
He took it gently, smoothing our flesh together.
And then I dragged him in the cold pool, just as he pushed me.
"What the f—"
"I bet you liked that, huh?" With that, a series of laughs were enforced from our mouths. I enjoyed it all.
I felt it again, not as harsh as the other times, but—
"You okay?" He asked with a  genuine concern that made my heart throb.
I held a single petal in the center of my palm. It was beautiful, light hues of cherry and lavender.
I hated it.
"I'll be right back, okay?" I began thrusting through the sudden weight of the water to make it to the changing rooms.
When I locked the door behind me, everything became real again. "What's wrong with me? If he could feel the same, I..." Speaking softly didn't discard how heavy the words actually were. "It's fine." I didn't want to make a good day dissolve because of my disease. It'd be selfish. I washed my hands with the single petal down the drain, and went back to slowly immerse my body in the cold pool water. I sighed heavily, but realized I didn't see Mystery anywhere.
"Mystery?" The scenery seemed so strange without his presence.
I let the water absorb my hand's figure, at least it seemed like that. I could feel my emotions slowly pull away.
"(Name)!"
"Oh, my gosh!" My gasp deflated into breathy laughs. "Holy hell, Mystery!" I heard him laughing from behind to then plant his hands on my shoulders. I almost froze immediately.
"Surely I couldn't have scared to the point of you becoming paralyzed."
I pushed a chuckle through my lips, refusing myself to melt within his grasp.
"Me? No..." Despite his fur being soaked, his touch felt warm and close. I liked it. "It takes a lot more than that to make me paralyzed." My mouth lifted into a smile, as a cheesy giggle escaped thinly.
"Really?" The grip he has on my shoulders became tight, yet weightless. Especially when his fingertips tapped on me one by one.
Shivers attacked the back of my neck once he and I made eye contact. I had never felt a connection so stripped. From all the time we had spent together, I wasn't able to recall a moment quite like this. His breathing pattern kindled my assumptions, it was so different, almost heavy.
"Mystery?" It seemed as though my bones lost weight, my body was flexible. "I—" Looking away shamefully, I broke our gaze as I chuckled softly.
"(Name), look at yourself. I don't think I truly have until now." With a soft grip, he grabbed my chin. "You're beautiful."
"What?" The corners of my mouth tilted in disbelief while I made distance by standing across instead of behind in his hold.
He wasn't talking like this, he couldn't have. Mystery viewed me as a friend, that's why I was stupid to fall for him in the beginning.
"As you laughed in my arms, I've never felt you so intimately. My emotions have been complicating themselves. But now that I see us within such little distance, all I want is you." His hand crept through the shafts of my hair while I stood there nearly motionless.
"...I think I love you." A warm tear raced down my cheek as chuckles peeked their way through. My chest felt so light, where as before it felt weighed down by unseen branches of some sort. "I don't know what—"
"Shh..." Mystery gently smoothed his fingertip along the curve my bottom lip, which was trembling faintly. "You don't have to say anything but my name."
My breathing became unsteady as I felt him lean forward. Knowingly, I enjoyed every single thing in that moment.
Then I did as I was told.
"Mystery."
"Yes?"
"I'm in love with you."
He kissed me with a soft pressure I admired intensely. My hands soothed along his neck as his raked through my hair. Everything appeared so light and beautiful, I could feel myself tearing in sudden happiness.
While he pulled away, I caught my breath steadily as his fingers slowly traced my waist. His claws were barely out, I could feel them with that soft pressure he used on my lips. When he kissed me again, it attained evey single feeling the last one did. Once his tongue licked me gently, a moan forced through my mouth, one I hadn't intended to escape. He froze abruptly.
"I'm glad you're enjoying me." With his smirk growing, I turned warm and chuckled with my face down. "Cause you'll be having a lot more, now that I've claimed you." Mystery's arms snaked around me, hugging me tightly. It was a pleasurable five seconds. He loosened our bodies and planted a peck on my nose. "I've fallen for you, (Name), and I've never been so satisfied."
Every word I had ever learned became caught in my throat. I smiled, shedding the last tear I'll remember.
----
A/N: I had SO much fun writing this, thanks for requesting! I apologize for everything taking so long. There are some days where I have no energy, not even for anything I like. So, sorry.
Thank you guys for adding this trash to your reading lists, for voting, or just reading. It means so much to me, I just can't. LOL.