Un

"I don't wanna live my life in circles, I just wanna find an empty road./Let's get away from here, let's go."

-This Town, Kygo ft. Sasha Sloan

Mikala POV

"Ah, so this is the place." Looking up at the huge gate in front of me I felt sweat trickle down the side of my face. The land was huge and by the looks of it, the school was all the way at the top. Hopefully, they have cars or buses that will transport us to the top, because the taxi that I road here from the hotel was not allowed to travel any farther.

Looking around, I saw groups of people walking through the gates with hopeful and confident looks on their face. There were also a few sobbing teens, crying about being expelled and having their careers crushed before they could even start. Rolling my eyes at the kneeling brown haired boy who was pleading not to be expelled, I began to walk into the gates, sighing in relief when I saw a bus with the sign 'Entrance Exam Students' on the side.

Walking up to the bus, I showed my ID before stepping on the bus. Ignoring the stars of the other occupants, I walked over to the first empty seat I could find. Reaching into my carry on bag, I pulled out my earphones and my phone before connecting them and playing some music.

Leaning my head back, I listened to the soothing voice of Sam Smith to fill my ears. Music, something I found soothing other than cooking. While I could not sing or play any musical instruments, I enjoyed anything music related. I did not necessarily have a favorite genre or artist. I just simply listened to whoever or whatever I wanted to, as long as I liked the song then I did not mind.

After about ten minutes, I felt the bus begin moving, making its way up the hill towards the testing location. Opening my eyes, I looked to the side upon feeling slight movement. Spiky dark-red hair met my vision causing me to jump a bit in surprise. I had not noticed that someone else sat next to me. I was about to turn back towards the window when I noticed that red-head was saying something.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I took out my right earbud and mutter out, "What?"

"I asked if you were taking the exam too, well, obviously you are you're on the bus. Anyway, nice to meet you, my name is Yukihira Soma, and you are?" He asked, turning a bit so he could look at my comfortably.

"Mikala Park, or rather Park Mikala in Japanese introductions," I responded, my eyes squinting a bit finding it odd that he was just chatting with me.

"Cool, hope we both get in." He added before turning and reaching to his pocket, pulling out a pack of dried squid causing me to raise an eyebrow, but instead of questioning the yellow-eyed boy I placed my earbud back into my ear and went back to looking out the window. Waiting for the ride to end and take us to the testing location.

It was about five songs later when the bus finally stopped in front of some building, taking out my earphones I was just in time to hear the last bit of the announcement. According to whoever was talking the test will begin in twenty minutes and we are to stay by this building unless we wish to be failed. Anyone who is even a minute late will be failed so it was in our best interest to do as the man said.

Grabbing my bag, I sat there waiting for everyone else to exit the bus before finally standing and heading off. Looking around, I saw even more people than there was on the bus, some were in uniform while others like myself were inside our outside clothing. Some even had butlers with them, upon seeing this I scoffed.

While my family was rich we never felt the need to have servants inside of the outhouse. Mere and pere had told us that was because if we had them we would not know responsibility nor how to operate on our own.