Trois

"I don't know what this feeling is, whether this is all a dream."

-Euphoria; Jungkook

Mikala POV

"Why are the dorms so far away?" I whined out loud to myself. Looking down at the paper in my hands then back at the signs in front of me, I made sure I was going the right way. Currently, I was on my way to the dorm I'd be living in while at the academy. Polar Star Dormitory, that was the name of the dorm labeled on the paper.

It was late, most likely seven in the evening, yet I was still not at the dorms. I had stopped at the shops to grab some ingredients for the dorm exam as instructed on the paper. Since I was craving Thai food, I decided I would make tom yum goong for the test. I had enough ingredients for at least five servings since I did not know how much I had to actually make. The paper did not tell me, so I just hoped five dishes will be enough.

I was out of breath, I was more of an indoors person, not an outdoors one. Exercise and I did not get along, I had a fast metabolism which allowed me to stay slim without having to hold back on how much I ate or exercise. For that I was glad.

I'd been walking for almost an hour when I finally saw a building up ahead. Picking up my pace, I headed towards the building, unlocking the door with the key I was given when I finally reached the door. Sighing in relief, I closed the door before looking around the creepy building. It was dark and eerily quiet.

That didn't last for long though, the sound of footsteps coming down the steps suddenly startled me. Running down the stairs were two boys, they were arguing and shoving one another as they ran down the stairs. They did not seem to notice me as they turned left and went off somewhere, but before they could disappear I spoke up, "Um, excuse me do you know where I can find Fumio Daimido?"

Coming to a halt, the two boys turned around. Their gazes landing on me as they looked me up and down. The one with impressive sideburns spoke up, "Who are you?" He asked, his voice isn't as harsh as before but it sure was just as loud.

"My name is Mikala Park, I am here to apply for this dorm," I responded, walking towards the two so I wouldn't have to strain my voice much.

The dyed blonde haired boy beside him snapped in fingers in recognition, "Oh yeah, the new transfer student. Fumio-San is in the kitchen, we're heading that way so just follow us." Nodding, I adjusted my bag that was now heavy from the ingredients inside.

Following the now whispering duo, we finally arrived in the kitchen, inside where an older woman with grey spiky hair that stood up in different directions, next to her was a brown haired teen, he was wearing a pink apron with a bear on the front.

"Fumio-San, this boy said he was applying to join this dorm." The black haired boy said, his voice as loud as before.

The older woman, Fumio-san, jumped slightly before turning around, "Another one?" She asked, shaking her head she walked over to me. "You have the ingredients for the test?" Nodding my head, I unzipped my bag and pulled out the two plastic bags that were inside. Seeing the bags, Fumio-San nodded and crossed her arms. "You read the instructions, correct?"

Nodding once more, I spoke up, "I did, I have to cook a dish and if you find it satisfying then I join the dorm."

Fumio-San hummed, "Correct, if I do not like it you have to try again or sleep outside until you cook a dish I enjoy." From the corner of my eye, I saw the other three boys in the room sitting on stools as if they were waiting to watch me cook. "Now, go one a cook."

Nodding once more, I placed my bag on the floor by the table and shrugged off my jacket. I was still in my chiefs outfit since my last class had a cooking assignment and I was too lazy to change again. Pulling my headband out of my pocket, I placed the golden elastic around my head before washing my hands. Pulling out the ingredients, I suddenly paused. Turning, I looked at the elder woman who was now sitting by the three males. All four observing my movements, "Uh, Fumio-San, you do not have any allergies or discomfort with spicy foods right?"